User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best % Loan Rate...?

Looking to pull the trigger on our Solitude.

Who has the best/lowest annual % Rate on RV loans at this time...?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We initially went through USBank @ 5.29% for 60 Months on a $30K loan. After 1st payment we refinanced with a local Credit Union and got the rate dropped to 2.99% same terms with no transaction and/or transfer fee's

Check out some of the smaller local Credit Unions in your area, some will allow membership based on where you live and will allow you to apply after opening a checking account with as little as $100 balance.
    Rig: 2018 Grand Design - Imagine 2500RL
    Tow Vehicle: 2018 F150 - Black on Black - SuperCrew XLT-FX4 - 3.5L EB w/3.31 LSD - MaxTow/Haul - 5Stare Tune - Luminar Ceramic Tint w/UV - UltraFlex TBed Cover
    Garage Queen: 2018 BMW ///M240i Convertible - Loaded - Dinan Stage 1 Tune - MPE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i googled every bank in my city, and checked their websites for loan rates. Lowest i could find was 3% and that's who we're going to go with

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit Union interest rates are lower than any bank and easier to qualify if you're a member of a credit union. If you're not, it's easy enough to join.

We financed originally through one of those companies that specializes in RV financing and "supposedly" has the best interest rate. It was 4.25% on a "new". Refinanced through one of our credit unions at 2.99% on "used" because it was no longer the current model year.. It's going to depend greatly on your FICO score and location.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essex and bank of the west underwrite longer term paper if you want that.

Otherwise any credit union, local or large bank can get you a great rate on 60 months or less
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you guys finding these rates? The best rate I've found so far is 5.25% through USAA. The credit unions in our area are all around 6% or higher. I even tried Navy FCU and Pentagon FCU. and they were in the mid-6%. Term wise, I really don't care in the sense that I'll go with the terms that get me the best rate, and our FICO scores are in the mid 800's.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Where are you guys finding these rates? The best rate I've found so far is 5.25% through USAA. The credit unions in our area are all around 6% or higher. I even tried Navy FCU and Pentagon FCU. and they were in the mid-6%. Term wise, I really don't care in the sense that I'll go with the terms that get me the best rate, and our FICO scores are in the mid 800's.

John
    I got mine at Golden 1 Credit Union...main branch is in Sacramento but they have a couple of branches in So Cal. My FICO score is up around 800 and I don't have any other debt, no credit cards debt, nothing else.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I got mine at Golden 1 Credit Union...main branch is in Sacramento but they have a couple of branches in So Cal. My FICO score is up around 800 and I don't have any other debt, no credit cards debt, nothing else.
    Your timing was definitely to your advantage! They are advertising 6.9% now... https://www.golden1.com/Rates/RateDetails?rid=14&l=en I am curious where @Empyrials found 3%.

Edited to add, I don't want to totally hijack the OP's thread, maybe just a little... Right now, I'm only researching advertised rates. I haven't applied for a loan yet because I want to get closer to my delivery date before I do. Too many "hits" on your credit score hurt the score. And as I said, terms are not my focus, rates are because we will be accelerating the payments anyway.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember that published rates are best case scenarios. Less than 1% actually qualify for those rates.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facing rate increases by The Fed in the next year, banks and credit unions really prefer not to offer really low rates.on RVs, especially when you.consider so many RVs are financed longer terms than they really should be financed for.I

If offered 2.9% financing, grab it. I would think 4.5 to 5.5% APR would be middle of the road rates.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast