User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking slide window HELP

Not sure if this is where I would post for HELP! We are having an especially wet spring. Up till now no problems but with a particularly blustery rain 3 days ago and now consistantly with rain (that just won't let up!) the dinette/theater seating slide window, by the seating is really leaking up a storm!!! Do not know what to do! Newbies. I have just checked weep holes and they seemed ok but did give a sweep with knife. The problem seems to be located at inner most edge/weep hole of the window. The rain does just poor down that window. Should it stop raining in near future will get up there and check rain gutters. Any other help? Ohhh, 2018 Solitude 344GK.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good you checked the weep holes. I believe there are other threads similar to this and one of the possibilities was that manufacturers will flip windows over for different applications and from my understanding of the conclusions is the weepers are not the same and water will not flow and it leaks at the bottom where it pools at the actual window slide rail not the seal. Check your window seals to in order to help determine exactly where it is leaking.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem, second Grand Design, Reflection 337 2021. Hope these windows aren't rejects! I have a rubber liner with drainage holes that don't drain. There's always water in those tracks. Checked the weep holes but nothing happened. Hope someone helps!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me as same problem. 2021 337rls. On a normal rain no issue. We had a crazy torrential rain that lasted about 30 mins. I was driving home from work when it happened. I was down to 15 mph and was still worried about running off the road. When I finally made it home the rain had let up a bit and I immediately went to the trailer and saw where it had leaked.

This was my large back living room window in the side that is fixed and doesn't slide. None of the other windows leaked.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have had this issue. 2017 Momentum 376. First thing I checked was the caulking around the window. But that would be too easy. So during a very strong thunderstorm with torrential rain and wind I noticed water on the kitchen floor under the window. Got to looking. It appears the window itself is defective, allowing wind blown water to come in around a seal. It only happens during really strong wind/rain.

I decided the only real resolution for me would be to replace the window. Then I started thinking about how big of a problem is really is. It's only happened twice in 4 years. During regular rain there is no leakage. So I have left it alone. I don't get into severe weather very often.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds Like i have the same issue. Grand Design Please give us some direction?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My issue turned out to be a chalking job. However, I now question that as I have discovered this window needs to be closed 'firmly'!! Only one that needs an extra push down. No leaking now, in any case!! Thanks for all the input!