User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is the Spare Tire Removed?

Hello! We have a 2014 Solitude 368RD. I have the crank to insert into the hole to adjust the spare tire, but cannot find the hole that it is supposed to go into. Apparently it is supposed to be on the passenger side but I absolutely do not see any hole. Can someone shed some light on exactly where this hole is supposed to be located? My tire is sagging and I need to tighten it back up. Thanks!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with the older models, but you should be able to locate where the extension for the hoist pops through the frame by simply getting under the rig and looking at the frame rails in vicinity of the spare.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thanks. Actually, it's my husband Jerry trying to access the spare. He's been under the fifth wheel, and the entire underside is covered around the wheel. He can find no hole in the I-beam or anywhere to insert the crank. The only other thing he can figure to do is remove the entire cover to find access. Can't believe it is this difficult! He's already called a GD dealer who was of no further help, as well as called GD which has not returned his call.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post some pictures if you can. Sometimes the obvious in plain sight is overlooked. Just peeking at an edge of loosened underbelly will reveal the orientation of the hoist extension tube. Most all of the manufacturers route it out perpendicular whether curb, road, or rearward.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading about some units in the early days that had no access hole through the outer skirting but did have a hole through the frame. As mentioned above, look perpendicular to tire location on frame rail.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piperdi View Post
    Hello! We have a 2014 Solitude 368RD. I have the crank to insert into the hole to adjust the spare tire, but cannot find the hole that it is supposed to go into. Apparently it is supposed to be on the passenger side but I absolutely do not see any hole. Can someone shed some light on exactly where this hole is supposed to be located? My tire is sagging and I need to tighten it back up. Thanks!

This is what you are looking for. My Reflection has two holes, one for the exterior kitchen stove and the second for the jack tool. The second picture is underside side and you can see, goes through the frame.

Thanks for asking this question. I just completed 1,400 miles heading west with 6,000 more before home. My spare was up when I left after checked the pressure in the drive. I'm modifying my walk around checklist to include looking under the trailer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2551[1].jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	34511
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2552[1].jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	34510
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS