Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MORryde upgrade

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde upgrade

My Solitude 310GK is 2 years old now with about 8000 miles on it. I've been hearing some not so nice things about the Equaflex suspension and shackles that are not standing up as well as they should. I'm thinking about an upgrade to Mor Ryde and my question is if the 3000 is considered an equivalent to to the Equaflex or would the 4000 be more appropriate. I'm definitely getting the heavy duty shackles either way.
    I'd like to hear from any of you that have done either one and your thoughts.
    To be clear I'm not paying for IS or any of the other more expensive options. I'm saving extra money for possible disc brake upgrade.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CRE3000
    -rated up to 8k axles
    -provides 4" suspension travel

SRE4000
    -rated up to 7k axles
    -provides 3" suspension travel

My Momentum came with the LCI equiflex and it quickly got beat up and rusty, I swapped to CRE3000 with HD shackles and wetbolts, I was very happy with the upgrade. I did the work myself when I replaced all the leaf springs (started going flat) and it wasnt a terrible process; I would do it again.

My Reflection came with the CRE3000 and HD shackles and wetbolts, I am still happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was partly concerned that the 3000 was equivalent in performance to the Equaflex but the fact that you can visually inspect it is appealing. It's interesting that Grand Design is using Mor ryde for their suspension now.
    Thanks for your input

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a low mileage failure, I swapped in CRE3000 to replace the Equaflex, HD shackle kit, and X-factors. Money well spent. The CRE3000 are of similar premise, but the flexure between the two noticeably different.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Momentum is just shy of two years old. I replaced the suspension with the MorRyde 4000 kit. I did all the work. Was very surprised to see how bad of condition the Equaflex components were in. Money well spent IMO.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you change out the bushings to brass while you are upgrading. The OE nylon bushings you have now are shot(and have been for a long time).
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I just replaced my Equaflex with the SRE-4000 and the Heavy Duty shackles. It was a great upgrade. I just took the camper from Albuquerque, NM to Branson, MO and it towed amazingly well. A correction on the suspension travel above. The 4000 provides 4" and the 3000 is 3". It has shown me that I need another upgrade...Now I'm looking at GenY Executive Hitch upgrade to make it float like a butterfly. As an aside, the Dexter Springs looked to be in great shape. I was impressed. It is not a difficult installation, but I do recommend having the two jacks so that you use them to get the spacing correct for the shackles.
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I just replaced my Equaflex with the SRE-4000 and the Heavy Duty shackles. It was a great upgrade. I just took the camper from Albuquerque, NM to Branson, MO and it towed amazingly well. A correction on the suspension travel above. The 4000 provides 4" and the 3000 is 3". It has shown me that I need another upgrade...Now I'm looking at GenY Executive Hitch upgrade to make it float like a butterfly. As an aside, the Dexter Springs looked to be in great shape. I was impressed. It is not a difficult installation, but I do recommend having the two jacks so that you use them to get the spacing correct for the shackles.
    Hey, Chris - great to know you are "still out there !" Good to hear from you......it's been a while. Hope you are doing well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I'm still here! Still loving my Grand Design, still working on a photo business, and camping a bunch. It is good to see my long timers still active.
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast