User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cable TV no signal

Hi this is our second trip with our 2021 Reflection 303 rls and when trying to scan cable channels the tv says no signal. This is the second rv park both times with same problem. At the first park there was another new Reflection with the same issue. Does anyone else have this problem with their new Reflection and did the problem get resolved. I would appreciate any input. Thanks
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2021 Silverado 2500hd 4x4 z71 cc duramax
    B&W Companion

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure that the antenna selector is set to cable and not antenna (the light should be OFF when on cable).

Be sure you have plugged into the correct coax input (I know - seems silly - but it happens).

Be sure TVs set to scan cable channels and then scan.

If that doesn't work it is time to test the cables, splitters and connections.

You could also check that things work on antenna, that would eliminate the connections between the coax in and the antenna selector box (again - remember to put the switch in the antenna position before scan for over-the-air channels.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks traveldawg, the tv works on antenna, I turn off the booster to scan cable and it says no signal. I have tried hooking the outside coax to all three connections outside on the control panel thinking maybe they hooked it up wrong at the factory and tightened all of the loose cables on the splitter behind the tv. I'm beginning to think the splitter is bad or they didn't hook up the cables on the back of the control panel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don648 View Post
    Thanks traveldawg, the tv works on antenna, I turn off the booster to scan cable and it says no signal. I have tried hooking the outside coax to all three connections outside on the control panel thinking maybe they hooked it up wrong at the factory and tightened all of the loose cables on the splitter behind the tv. I'm beginning to think the splitter is bad or they didn't hook up the cables on the back of the control panel
    yep - sounds like a case of loose, missing or wrong connection. Start at the antenna/cable switch box: make sure the connections are tight and on the correct ports. Check behind the coax input connector on the outside (or in the wet bay). Too many folks found those loose or connect to the wrong coax.
    Larry KE4DMG

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the next place I have to look is behind the panel in the wet bay. I haven't been wanting to do that because it looks like a pain.
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2021 Silverado 2500hd 4x4 z71 cc duramax
    B&W Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much! You gave me the knowledge to fix my problem in moments, which was much appreciated because this was not in the manuals.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which hook up in the wet bay is the correct one? There are 2 labeled for cable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Which hook up in the wet bay is the correct one? There are 2 labeled for cable.
    That's a bit odd. On my panel there is a 3 port plate. The top is SAT, the middle is CABLE / CABLE (not sure why it is listed twice), and the bottom is AUX BEDROOM.

The top SAT connection goes to the a similarly cable connector near the main TV; it's to connect a tripod sat antennas to a sat receiver.
    The CABLE . CABLE goes to the antenna/cable switch box near the TV and is its cable connection (as stamped on the backside of the wall plate).
    The AUX Bedroom goes to similarly labeled connector near the bed room TV's coax connection plate.

On the side of my wet bay is another coax port that goes to the cable jack on the PS of the front bay.

What model number do you have. It might help folks explain your particular labeling?
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to add that in all of our stays that advertised cable last year, maybe two sites had cable that actually worked. I thought we had an issue or that I hadn't figured out how to connect correctly but connected it at home to xfinity and had no problems at all. We had exactly one campground where cable was sufficient for 1080p to both TVs.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many RV parks are just like home: they've also "cut the cord", and no longer offer cable. The cost was prohibitive, they pay for each hookup whether it's used or not. Consequently you're seeing more and more RV parks that no longer offer cable. Can't really blame 'em.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast