Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Solitude 345 Inverter Question

Thanks in advance for any help. I bought my 345 about a month ago & I am trying to find out if the 1000 watt inverter powers any receptacles other than the one for the refrigerator. I would like to have a receptacle for my CPAP machine. I think that if there aren’t I could simply cut the Romex from the back of the inverter & put it in a junction box & splice in a length of Romex up through the floor into the bathroom vanity & then through the wall into the bedroom wall.

Does anyone have any suggestions about my idea? Also how many watts does the Samsung Inverter refrigerator use? I’ve looked in the manual & tried the Samsung website to get an answer.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about your 345 but my 2019 Solitude 373FB-R only had the fridge outlet powered by the 1,000w inverter.

Sorry, but I'm not sure how much power a CPAP or the Samsung fridge uses. I'd get a Kill-A-Watt meter to find out rather than guessing or reading specs online.

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Elec...2421902&sr=8-8
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I appreciate your info. I hope to hear from others here.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Thanks in advance for any help. I bought my 345 about a month ago & I am trying to find out if the 1000 watt inverter powers any receptacles other than the one for the refrigerator. I would like to have a receptacle for my CPAP machine. I think that if there aren’t I could simply cut the Romex from the back of the inverter & put it in a junction box & splice in a length of Romex up through the floor into the bathroom vanity & then through the wall into the bedroom wall.

Does anyone have any suggestions about my idea? Also how many watts does the Samsung Inverter refrigerator use? I’ve looked in the manual & tried the Samsung website to get an answer.
    My concern is that your battery bank may not be robust enough to support the refrigerator overnight. Consequently, your CPAP may be compromised in the middle of the night.

I would recommend you get yourself a portable power pack like a "Jackery Box" to power your CPAP independent of the camper's electrical supply.

Otherwise, I would recommend you power the CPAP directly from the 12 volt DC system in the coach, otherwise you are wasting energy by converting the 12 volts into 120 volts and then re-converting the 120 volts back down to whatever voltage your CPAP works on internally.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 05-31-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Those 2 ideas are very helpful. I don’t know why I’m having so much trouble finding out how many wars the inverter refrigerator requires. I have the two batteries that came with the Solitude but I haven’t checked them yet. We have been living in the Solitude since we bought it April 23 & I’m on a big project so haven’t had a lot of time to reseal this. We are returning to Florida at the end of June & I’m going to do some mods before we head up to Indiana & then out west. Meanwhile I’m hoping someone can help me figure out the power consumption for the Samsung Inverter refrigerator.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post

I have been fooling around with my Victron BMV-712 battery monitor. I am not sure if my new charger/converter is working properly with my 2 new lithium batteries I did notice that my Samsung frig used about 6-7A, which is probably around 800W. I don't know how many amps the cpap draws. On my rig it would be a lot easier to change the inverter than it was to change the charger. On my rig when I took the wall down in the basement storage, the inverter was right there. I had to crawl a lot further inside to get to the charger.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I have been fooling around with my Victron BMV-712 battery monitor. I am not sure if my new charger/converter is working properly with my 2 new lithium batteries I did notice that my Samsung frig used about 6-7A, which is probably around 800W. I don't know how many amps the cpap draws. On my rig it would be a lot easier to change the inverter than it was to change the charger. On my rig when I took the wall down in the basement storage, the inverter was right there. I had to crawl a lot further inside to get to the charger.
    Thanks for the info. I did go ahead & add an outlet in the bedroom for using my CPAP with the inverter. I cut the Romex coming out of the inverter, added a junction box & ran Romex through the floor under the bathroom sink. There was already a hole there fit the plumbing. I’m thinking of self installing a 300 watt solar panel also.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year