User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up LP gas hose kinks when Kitchen slide out is extended on Momentum 25G!!!!

We took delivery of our 2021 Momentum G-Class 25G last late last summer and all was great until the 3rd trip. I noticed on the second trip our range top burners were not as powerful as when we bought it but worked so I figured it was my tank or regulator being goofy. On the 3rd trip out our burners would not light at all so I figured the regulator stopped working. I swapped tanks and tried everything but the burners would not light. When we got home I tried the burners and they worked great. The difference was that the slide out was retracted. It was getting very cold so I decided to winterize the unit and work on the issue come better weather.
    After winter, I extended the slide out and again, burners did not work. After troubleshooting I found that the lp hose was wire tied and taped to the slide out wiring and was clearly crimping when the slide out was put in the extended position. I have called Grand Design, sent them a video of what was happening, got a Case number and took the rig to Blue Dog RV in Redmond Oregon where I bought it for warranty repair. Over a month later and many calls and getting ignored I demanded that the unit was repaired and delivered back to me. Blue dog did nothing but move the hose up a bit taped it and wire tied it much like before and yes it is currently working but I can see where the hose is starting to kink again so I know the problem will arise again.
    Has anyone out there had this same problem??? I am having a difficult time with Grand Design and of course Blue Dog (Don't ever go there for anything). I will post what the resolution ends up being when I get that resolution.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS1964 View Post
    We took delivery of our 2021 Momentum G-Class 25G last late last summer and all was great until the 3rd trip. I noticed on the second trip our range top burners were not as powerful as when we bought it but worked so I figured it was my tank or regulator being goofy. On the 3rd trip out our burners would not light at all so I figured the regulator stopped working. I swapped tanks and tried everything but the burners would not light. When we got home I tried the burners and they worked great. The difference was that the slide out was retracted. It was getting very cold so I decided to winterize the unit and work on the issue come better weather.
    After winter, I extended the slide out and again, burners did not work. After troubleshooting I found that the lp hose was wire tied and taped to the slide out wiring and was clearly crimping when the slide out was put in the extended position. I have called Grand Design, sent them a video of what was happening, got a Case number and took the rig to Blue Dog RV in Redmond Oregon where I bought it for warranty repair. Over a month later and many calls and getting ignored I demanded that the unit was repaired and delivered back to me. Blue dog did nothing but move the hose up a bit taped it and wire tied it much like before and yes it is currently working but I can see where the hose is starting to kink again so I know the problem will arise again.
    Has anyone out there had this same problem??? I am having a difficult time with Grand Design and of course Blue Dog (Don't ever go there for anything). I will post what the resolution ends up being when I get that resolution.
    This could be a serious Safety issue. I would mention that fact to those that need a little motivation. It has been documented already. They should be wanting it taken care of.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison