User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way to check is just look at your regulator.. You have to slide the white plastic cover down reveal the Wintec name.
    Like others I spent hours reading reviews on Amazon.. Yes even the Flame King had a worrisome number of 1 star reviews, mostly failure in short time
    I wound up ordering a Marshall Excelsior https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0741GS563...ing=UTF8&psc=1. The first review was very detailed and informative. This particular model is supposedly higher flow rate to support reefer, stove and heater simultaneously when needed.
    A few dollars more but it is the only unit I found actually made in US.. Hopefully that is worth something
    Phil. 17MKS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my new regulator that I ordered off the web. Got it installed. It was a bear getting the propane 'out' fitting off the old Winntec. I also moved/reused the bracket from the Winntec to the new Flame King. The Winntec bracket was a little better in that it had two attachment points with the propane anchor down rod.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just got my letter in the mail. Does indicate that due to parts shortages it could take some time. I’ll likely just order one on Amazon, it’ll cost me that much money in diesel to take it to the dealer.

Anyone knows what model they are supplying for the recall? I suspect the flame king.

The Marshall one is interesting as it has the indicator on top. Only issue is I can’t find anyone that sells the entire kit assembled you have to buy the bits and assemble it yourself (MEGR-253HP-PT15). Actually I see the flame king one has an indicator as well.

The Marshall would cost almost $200 up here since you have to buy the parts separately but the flame king includes everything it is only $66.
    Last edited by Thorvald; 07-10-2021 at 07:28 AM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldridge View Post
    Best way to check is just look at your regulator.. You have to slide the white plastic cover down reveal the Wintec name.
    Like others I spent hours reading reviews on Amazon.. Yes even the Flame King had a worrisome number of 1 star reviews, mostly failure in short time
    I wound up ordering a Marshall Excelsior https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0741GS563...ing=UTF8&psc=1. The first review was very detailed and informative. This particular model is supposedly higher flow rate to support reefer, stove and heater simultaneously when needed.
    A few dollars more but it is the only unit I found actually made in US.. Hopefully that is worth something
    Phil. 17MKS
    The link you provided indicates country of origin as China, did I miss something?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced mine with a Mr Heater F273766. Completely removing the regulator and placing it in a vise eases fitting removal and install. Put anti-seize on the threads and done. Mostly good reviews on Amazon on the replacement, bought it at Gander, with member discount and veteran discount I figure I did pretty good.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got off the phone with GD and asked if they could just send the part and I will take care of it. Said no because regulations require dealer install and they also perform pressure tests so they said it should really be taken in for this. With that being said, I am pretty sure I will also order one and do it myself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
    I just got off the phone with GD and asked if they could just send the part and I will take care of it. Said no because regulations require dealer install and they also perform pressure tests so they said it should really be taken in for this. With that being said, I am pretty sure I will also order one and do it myself.
    Talked to my dealer and can be scheduled for about six weeks from now. From what I gathered parts must be ordered from GDRV (there is a delay due to demand) and the service advisor indicated the “shop time” might be as much as a couple of hours if pressure test issues are found. Typically, one hour is scheduled.
    I have a manometer, albeit an old one, but not much can go wrong with a water filled tube, IMO. It is my understanding 11 inches is the static with no more than 14 inches in lock out - anyone else have any more info in case this becomes a DIY project?
    A new GDRV dealer has just opened shop in our area, I will call them and see if I can get in earlier, if not, will see what is available or schedule through my original dealer.
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Leaked 40 lbs of propane in 3 days. My dealer says they are booked through July. I ordered one through Amazon and had it in 2 days. Took about 25 minutes to replace the winn-tec and I'm back in business. $50 was well spent as my dealer was apparently willing to have me sacrifice my camping for most of the summer.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    I Leaked 40 lbs of propane in 3 days. My dealer says they are booked through July. I ordered one through Amazon and had it in 2 days. Took about 25 minutes to replace the winn-tec and I'm back in business. $50 was well spent as my dealer was apparently willing to have me sacrifice my camping for most of the summer.
    Curious as to how you leaked propane over three days. It was my understanding that the fault of the WinnTec was to not limit the outflow to 11 inches +/- 30%. Higher pressure was being applied to propane appliances - the exact pressure was never reported to my knowledge. I have not heard of any leaks. Is it possible your WinnTec regulator failed and high pressure propane was delivered throughout the rig?

GDRV states that replacement unit supply is limited so it might not be your dealer that was willing to have you sacrifice your camping.

Did you pressure check your appliances and propane distribution or just plug and play the regulator?
    Judy & Larry

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Skiddy;382146]Curious as to how you leaked propane over three days. It was my understanding that the fault of the WinnTec was to not limit the outflow to 11 inches +/- 30%. Higher pressure was being applied to propane appliances - the exact pressure was never reported to my knowledge. . . ./QUOTE]

I am aware that losing 40 lbs of propane does not quite fit the Winn-tec failure description, however. .

Longer story:

I started the season with 2 full tanks. I only run 1 at a time so I don't get caught short. One weekend dry camping in May before our trip a couple weeks ago. Our first night I go to fire up our grill (gas piped to camper) and there's no gas. OK, maybe I didn't start the season with 2 full tanks or we used more than I thought in May. Switched the tanks and fired up the grill. Two days later I go to fire up the grill & find that my 2nd tank is now empty. I'm on an electric site so this doesn't really interfere with our trip. I turned off all the gas and disconnected the tanks.
    I called my dealer, described the problem, and told them I would be driving through their city Wednesday on our way home. They told me they wouldn't be able to schedule me until August, send a picture of the regulator and they would get back to me. I'm reserving judgment and not naming my dealer because I'm aware there could be scheduling and supply problems and they have addressed previous issues. However, it's been over a week and I haven't heard back from them. I would have expected some explanation on when, how, or where.
    After talking to my dealer I went to Amazon and ordered a Flame King regulator. I received it 2 days later and replaced the Winn-tec. I didn't do a pressure test but I did a soap check on the connections. A week later my tank still "feels" full so I'm confident that the problem is fixed.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast