User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting desperate as cold weather is coming and we use this thing in cold weather.... so I called Grand Design today. They gave me a tracking number and they looked it up... my replacement regulator is supposed to arrive at my dealer..... TODAY! Now as for when it can be installed? Who knows.... dealer is crushed with this recall. They said they will call me to tell me when they know they have it and can schedule me... Fortunately long term forcecast is for much warmer than usual here in upstate NY...

Does anyone know what brand GD is replacing this with? I sure hope its not Flame King or Wintec..... both of which have 5-10 failure rates on their Amazon reviews. Now 5% failure doesn't sound so bad.... except that failure can result in an EXPLOSION! Anyone know what the Wintec failure rate is? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris?
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Getting desperate as cold weather is coming and we use this thing in cold weather.... so I called Grand Design today. They gave me a tracking number and they looked it up... my replacement regulator is supposed to arrive at my dealer..... TODAY! Now as for when it can be installed? Who knows.... dealer is crushed with this recall. They said they will call me to tell me when they know they have it and can schedule me... Fortunately long term forcecast is for much warmer than usual here in upstate NY...

Does anyone know what brand GD is replacing this with? I sure hope its not Flame King or Wintec..... both of which have 5-10 failure rates on their Amazon reviews. Now 5% failure doesn't sound so bad.... except that failure can result in an EXPLOSION! Anyone know what the Wintec failure rate is? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris?
    I'd be curious which model as well.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My replacement is a Fairview GR-9984XF. it was done by Woody’s rV in Abbotsford in mid-August. The unit has been unavailable on Amazon.ca whenever i have checked.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browsing thru Amazon's RV propane regulators is kind of scary. There are too many one star reviews resulting from complete failure. These things are failing at rates of 4 and 10%. That's too high for my comfort for a part that regulates an explosive gas. Is anything made for an RV made with quality anymore?

I'd sure like to know what recalled Winntec's failure rate is in comparison.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    My replacement is a Fairview GR-9984XF. it was done by Woody’s rV in Abbotsford in mid-August. The unit has been unavailable on Amazon.ca whenever i have checked.
    The Fairview that's on Amazon is a GR-9994. The good news is that it has the lowest failure rate of the auto-change-over regulators I see there. "Only" 4% of the the reviews people wrote are 1 or 2 stars. The failures were for: all the gas leaked out; tank is full but no gas; auto-change-over failed; gas smell; nobody responds at company; and, general "it leaks".

If this is the best we can do.... better check that gas!
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in the recall boat also but I decided to go the DIY route. Purchased a Marshall MEGR 253 model and will install this weekend. Pricey but what the hell. We're talking BOOM here so....Besides, confidence level is high that I can install this device. I had been using a single "GasStop" and exchanging it between cylinders so I bought an additional one. Both our tanks leaked down on our last trip two weeks ago so...

I now have all the parts and will install this weekend. Next trip is during Thanksgiving holiday. Time will tell.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a side story - called my dealer to have the reg swapped out. They are slammed in the service department, so unlikely I could find a slot before my next camping trip. They offered to let me pull my reg, drive it to them, and swap it for new, to be installed by me. I asked if the pressure test was mandatory, and they said "not needed anymore". Hmmm...emailed GD about this, and they were adamant - need the test to satisfy the recall. Crickets when I asked about what to do about a dealer that was cutting corners....
    We'll take our chances on this next 2 week trip, then see what can be done either by the dealer, or someone else, to be "legal" come spring.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For various reasons, my TT is already stored for the winter. I made an appointment at my dealer in April for recall. I don't want the hassle of potentially being questioned about a recall that wasn't cleared when I go to sell...which I'm sure will happen someday (the selling part).
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then there's this...

I was going to go the do-it-myself route.... but then was advised by both GD and and a boat dealer friend that if I did it myself, my trailer's VIN would not be cleared from the NHTSA VIN database since I am not certified.

Which might be a problem if I wanted to sell.
    How much of a problem? I dunno.

So... GD is saying that to clear the VIN they must see paperwork saying that a certified tech person did the fix.
    Hm.... I have PC, printer, the internet and..... LOTS of paper. How hard can it be to make me some certified techie documents!???!

But since this is something that can go BOOM, I am not thrilled about going the do it myself route.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    I was going to go the do-it-myself route.... but then was advised by both GD and and a boat dealer friend that if I did it myself, my trailer's VIN would not be cleared from the NHTSA VIN database since I am not certified.

Which might be a problem if I wanted to sell.
    How much of a problem? I dunno.

So... GD is saying that to clear the VIN they must see paperwork saying that a certified tech person did the fix.
    Hm.... I have PC, printer, the internet and..... LOTS of paper. How hard can it be to make me some certified techie documents!???!

But since this is something that can go BOOM, I am not thrilled about going the do it myself route.
    There really isn’t anything more involved changing the regulator than swapping out your propane tanks when empty or need filled

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast