User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ram 3500hd review

I ordered my new Ram 3500 the end of January it arrived May 10.... I thought I'd answer some of the question, I had while waiting for it to show up in Florida... The 3500 without airbags seem a bit shorter than the 2500 I test drove.. Noticed a bit more clearance entering the garage... With the Reese puck adapter & 16k hitch set to the lowest setting it tows great and appears level to the eye... Using the Turning Point with the correct wedge I notice no difference in stability when towing even in heavy winds... Forgot to order the Cargo Camera to help hitching up... removed the center head rest... used rear view mirror and the two inserts to center on the goose neck. Works every time for centering the hitch when hooking up... Only towing a Reflection 230RL and a small boat so a lot more truck than I need. Has more power than my 1996 12 valve with a Banks Kit... I do miss the clatter though... The Aisin transmission shifts great as long as I remember to select Tow Haul mode. If I forget The Aisin gives you a reminder within a 100 yds. Thanks for all the input in helping pick out his truck.... I'm spending Memorial Day touring the Battleship South Dakota & thinking of the guys I went to school with, who took their Senior Trip to Southeast Asia....... And Rick O'conner who was in the towers on 9/11
    Last edited by Big Blue; 05-31-2021 at 08:13 AM. Reason: forgetful
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}