Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loose D Seal / Separated Caulk

Should I be concerned? My initial thoughts are yes. I have attached a picture of what looks like caulk separation on the slide D seal. It is separated on my 303RLS on the door side slide back end of the coach and on both sides of the off-door slide living area slide. I know the cause of the separation. The "D" seal, or slide seals are wobbly/loose. It's not the case with the wardrobe slide in the bedroom. That seal seems tight and caulk is still sealed. How are your slide seals doing? Sorry, didn't so a search before posting so if it's an issue that's been discussed already, let me know. Here's a pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumPic.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	1976

I am getting to know my new RV which I so love!

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look right to me. I would contact the dealer and let them have a look.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brent...the slide seals are two pieces. There's a wiper part with a 'T' rail and a outer bulb seal with a 'T' slot...similar to item #484 and #312 in this link... https://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/cat...ategory_id=170

Looks like the silicon bead was too small to seal the bulb seal to the camper side wall. I had to repair one end of the kitchen slide where the bulb seal separated from the wiper seal.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Brent...the slide seals are two pieces. There's a wiper part with a 'T' rail and a outer bulb seal with a 'T' slot...similar to item #484 and #312 in this link... https://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/cat...ategory_id=170

Looks like the silicon bead was too small to seal the bulb seal to the camper side wall. I had to repair one end of the kitchen slide where the bulb seal separated from the wiper seal.

Dave
    Dave,

Are you saying the hard plastic part mounted to the wall is ok to be loose? It wobbles and isn't tight to the wall. Being loose, it will stress the caulk/silicone I would think so if I re-caulk, as I'm considering, wouldn't it eventually pop loose again after time? I don't see an easy way to remove the flexible "D" part and tighten any screws either. Looks like the soft D part probably slides into place after the hard part is mounted. The dealership is 2.5 hours away and I was hoping to get a good call on this before having to bring it in. I don't see where the wiper part plays into this scenario much so I didn't comment on that part. I'd sure prefer to make more headway on understanding this before attempting a fix. Thanks all.

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    Dave,

Are you saying the hard plastic part mounted to the wall is ok to be loose? It wobbles and isn't tight to the wall. Being loose, it will stress the caulk/silicone I would think so if I re-caulk, as I'm considering, wouldn't it eventually pop loose again after time? I don't see an easy way to remove the flexible "D" part and tighten any screws either. Looks like the soft D part probably slides into place after the hard part is mounted. The dealership is 2.5 hours away and I was hoping to get a good call on this before having to bring it in. I don't see where the wiper part plays into this scenario much so I didn't comment on that part. I'd sure prefer to make more headway on understanding this before attempting a fix. Thanks all.

Brent
    The caulking should be large enough to also cover the edge of the bulb seal in addition to the wiper seal. I had some of my slide seals worked on at the rally last year and in addition to re-caulking, the tech drove a small screw at each end of the bulb seal (in the T slot area) to prevent the bulb seal from having any movement. Some had screw already there, some not.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD