Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoor Kitchen Cooktop

Good afternoon all.
    I was disappointed that our trailer has a 2 burner, electric drop-in, in the outside kitchen. All other trailers seemed to have either a gas griddle or 2 gas burners. After closer inspection, it seems that what was originally in the trailer had been removed and this thing dropped in. I'd really like to go back with a griddle or burner/griddle combo. Can anyone send me a link or recommend what will fit the hole? I'll be good with gas or electric since there won't have to be any additional plumbing nor electrical done. thanks.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH
    2020 Chevy 2500 HD Crew, 6.6L Duramax, Z71, 4X4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you have, but I have a 2670 and I removed the gas 2 burner cooktop from my outside "kitchen". I still have it in the attic. PM me if you're interested.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gas stove is junk. Very low btus
    I still have mine but it is getting removed this season
    The previous owner likely felt the same and put in something better
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outside stove on our 2800bh was junk. I replaced it with https://tinyurl.com/22fdcevd . A little bit of cutting & it had to be shimmed up about 3/4 inch. Unlike the original it actually works. I had to search to find a metal top with wind guards which put me back another $90 for a chincy piece of sheet metal but it does work so I'm glad I got it.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the RV, I have a 2 burner LP stovetop in my outside kitchen drawer that I've never used. I also have a port that I can use to hookup the optional OEM gas grill.

In the RV and at home, I use an electric skillet just about all the time. When cooking inside the trailer, we often use an air fryer. We don't use our inside stove that often.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    Not sure what you have, but I have a 2670 and I removed the gas 2 burner cooktop from my outside "kitchen". I still have it in the attic. PM me if you're interested.
    Thanks for this offer. I wonder if the BTU on the electric one I have is comparable to the LP cooktop? I'd really like to have a electric flat top that i can get a griddle for.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    The outside stove on our 2800bh was junk. I replaced it with https://tinyurl.com/22fdcevd . A little bit of cutting & it had to be shimmed up about 3/4 inch. Unlike the original it actually works. I had to search to find a metal top with wind guards which put me back another $90 for a chincy piece of sheet metal but it does work so I'm glad I got it.
    thank you!
    2021 Imagine 2910BH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    I did the same with that same model! It did take some shimming but the end result is worth it. The one it came with was garbage. Most of our cooking is outside on it or a grill.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took out the crummy gas 2-burner that came with my rig and dropped in an induction cooktop. I did have to enlarge the opening in the sliding countertop, but the induction fits great. We mostly boil water on the outside kitchen and use the gas connection for a freestanding Blackstone griddle or Weber Q. The induction cooktop is an Insignia brand from Bestbuy. Bought it on sale in March for around $80.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5F90CFF-7F44-4E6E-9B71-5E0F5DCDECB9.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	43612
    Ben, Amanda, Levi & Asher
    2021 Reflection 150 290BH
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax