User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Install 2nd AC in 2019 Imagine 2970RL

I'm installing a 2nd AC (a Dometic Brisk II) in the bedroom of my 2019 Imagine 2970RL. Some of the parts are still being shipped, so I took the inside portion of the fan off to diagnose the wiring in the interim. I was only able to see a red and black wire, a brown wire (maybe a thermostat wire?) (that I could not see the end to- when I lightly pull on the wire from either direction, it does not budge), and the yellow 120V wire for the power. I was not able to see ducts, but have a suspicion that the ducts could be behind the two 2X4s that are holding the fan in place. Additionally, when I took out the bedroom light switch to see if there was any pre-wiring for the thermostat, I did not see any.

My questions are:

1. Am I able to tie in a 2nd AC into the ducts? If so, how do I remove the 2x4s?

2. Where is the end to the brown wire? If the hitch of my trailer is facing north, is the end of the brown wire on the east or west side of my camper?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2x4_2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	36672

Name:	ls_2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	36673

Name:	brownwire_2.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	36674

Thanks in advanced!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2x4.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spenceh14 View Post
    I'm installing a 2nd AC (a Dometic Brisk II) in the bedroom of my 2019 Imagine 2970RL. Some of the parts are still being shipped, so I took the inside portion of the fan off to diagnose the wiring in the interim. I was only able to see a red and black wire, a brown wire (maybe a thermostat wire?) (that I could not see the end to- when I lightly pull on the wire from either direction, it does not budge), and the yellow 120V wire for the power. I was not able to see ducts, but have a suspicion that the ducts could be behind the two 2X4s that are holding the fan in place. Additionally, when I took out the bedroom light switch to see if there was any pre-wiring for the thermostat, I did not see any.

My questions are:

1. Am I able to tie in a 2nd AC into the ducts? If so, how do I remove the 2x4s?

2. Where is the end to the brown wire? If the hitch of my trailer is facing north, is the end of the brown wire on the east or west side of my camper?

Name:	2x4_2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	36672

Name:	ls_2.jpg 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	36673

Name:	brownwire_2.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	36674

Thanks in advanced!!
    I did the same thing on my 2019 2970RL. All you have there is a 120 volt AC feed that is terminated in a box. I Installed a thermostat on the wall above the light switch. You can remove the exhaust fan beauty ring in the bathroom to get plenty of room to get a 12 volt DC feed over to your AC. I picked mine up from the hall light that is motion sensor. From there you can also get a thermostat wire to your AC and down the wall in the bedroom. You will have to push a stiff wire from the bathroom over to the AC because of insulation and truss's. It's not a very hard installation. the secret is the bathroom access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Hokensalem!!

Were you able to tie the 2nd AC into the existing ducts? if so, how did you remove the 2x4s?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spenceh14 View Post
    Thanks @Hokensalem!!

Were you able to tie the 2nd AC into the existing ducts? if so, how did you remove the 2x4s?
    I really wasn't interested in connecting to duct work so I ordered the unit that didn't have the feature. I just wanted to cool the BR. I just leave the BR door open and it cools the coach enough for me.