User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 reflection 29rs

hi all , i just have one question . i,m thinking of buying a used 2018 reflection 29rs from my local rv dealer . it looks great inside and out but its never been register or license for the road . its been set-up in a campground for three years here in up state new york . would this be alright to buy or should i run from this ? the dealer did say he would throw in a 90 day warranty . any input would be appreciated
    Last edited by timone; 06-02-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newbie Shopper wanting to know how you came to a buying decision on the 29RS versus ???????

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timone View Post
    hi all , i just have one question . i,m thinking of buying a used 2018 reflection 29rs from my local rv dealer . it looks great inside and out but its never been register or license for the road . its been set-up in a campground for three years here in up state new york . would this be alright to buy or should i run from this ? the dealer did say he would throw in a 90 day warranty . any input would be appreciated
    I have a good friend who has a 29RS. It’s been in the shop several times for the kitchen slide, which is really too heavy for a schwintech drive setup. Look hard at the tires and any evidence of water intrusion, plumbing or winterization problems.

It’s a nice floor plan, but I don’t personally like it, because it’s reverse from “normal”. The big dinette windows are on the street side, many campgrounds and campsites are oriented for a view on the curb side... it’s not a big deal, but I’ve been spoiled with the big windows in my 303. I can see when someone or something is approaching the door, before I open it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I correct in thinking that the (30'11") 29RS is no longer mfg/offered in the Regular REFLECTION line ???

What if anything is equivalent to the 29RS (260RD???)

I'm trying to make decisions between 303RLS, 295RL, or the (29'9") 260RD

Thanks for your advice and experience

Chuck S Auburn,WA
    2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Long Box Single Rear Tire

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 reflection 29rs

Quote Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the (30'11") 29RS is no longer mfg/offered in the Regular REFLECTION line ???

What if anything is equivalent to the 29RS (260RD???)

I'm trying to make decisions between 303RLS, 295RL, or the (29'9") 260RD

Thanks for your advice and experience

Chuck S Auburn,WA
    2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Long Box Single Rear Tire
    The 29RS became the 280RS, went from being a full size and weight reflection, to a 150 series trailer.

There was a lot of overlap in the 29RS/303RLS/295. You couldn’t order a 29RS last year, but a lot of dealers had them.

Many folks shy away from the 260RD, and trailers like it, because you can’t get to the bathroom or bedroom without extending the living room slide.

It was a deal breaker for me. On the road at the fuel stop, or rest area, I want to be able to use the bathroom, get into the fridge to make a meal, or go lay down and get a little nap, without extending a slide. Some folks don’t care, because of how they intend to use their rig, it just doesn’t work for me, your mileage may vary.

Last edited by SabreDriver; 06-05-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sabre Driver, I have just been reading a 260RD thread where so many people said it was a GOOD
    Couples 5ver.............

I'm now Looking at Floorplan and can SEE where the stairs to Bathroom & Bedroom would be blocked
    with Slide IN....Are both doors of 12 cuft frig also blocked from opening by ?????

I dont think I want the 280RS because of the Outside Frig & TV

I'm reluctant to jump up to the 295RL or should I consider it's 32'9" Length ????

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sabre Driver, I have just been reading a 260RD thread where so many people said it was a GOOD

I'm now Looking at Floorplan and can SEE where the stairs to Bathroom & Bedroom would be blocked
    with Slide IN....Are both doors of 12 cuft frig also blocked from opening by ?????

I'm reluctant to jump up to the 295RL or should I consider it's 32'9" Length ????
    In the 303, my rig, with all the slides in you can access the bathroom and the bedroom to lay down and almost all of the closet storage. As well as both sides of the freezer and the right side of the fridge. You can reach into the left side of the fridge and grab things, except for the drawers. It works well for us. Not being able to get to the bathroom or bedroom was a “no go” for us, based on the way we use our rig to travel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 2 people the 303 really is a hard one to beat for all the reasons stated above plus room to move around in long stretches or bad weather. It fits in most parks, only a couple times we had places we couldn't fit that we wanted to go to.

It's a big purchase and you want the right fit. If you can go sit in each model and poke around for a couple hours each. This will give you an idea of getting the right rig for you. Everyone has their own idea of what is right..sometimes that idea is proven wrong after time is spent inside. That's why there are so many floor plans. Regrets after the purchase are hard to swallow.

You have the truck that will pull a 303, is the length an issue for you ?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/