User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS Refrigerator Question

I have a question about the fridge in my new trailer. After fully charging the battery, should the fridge run on battery power alone? It is beeping and flashing no AC but I thought the battery should run it for a while at least...also, if I switch to propane operation it also gives an error and won't work (tanks are in open position). It works fine on shore power. I am new to trailering so thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar4000 View Post
    I have a question about the fridge in my new trailer. After fully charging the battery, should the fridge run on battery power alone? It is beeping and flashing no AC but I thought the battery should run it for a while at least...also, if I switch to propane operation it also gives an error and won't work (tanks are in open position). It works fine on shore power. I am new to trailering so thanks for any help.
    ar, if it is the standard RV fridge, it will work on AC(120VAC) or propane w/DC power. It won't run off of DC only unless it's a residential unit with an inverter. When trying to run on propane, you may have to purge the air from the propane lines by lighting a burner or 2 on the stove. After getting the burners to stay on, try the propane setting again on the fridge, it should work then. And welcome to the RV life!
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobter3 View Post
    ar, if it is the standard RV fridge, it will work on AC(120VAC) or propane w/DC power. It won't run off of DC only unless it's a residential unit with an inverter. When trying to run on propane, you may have to purge the air from the propane lines by lighting a burner or 2 on the stove. After getting the burners to stay on, try the propane setting again on the fridge, it should work then. And welcome to the RV life!
    Thank you for the info! I will try that and see what happens.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to what @bobter3 said, whether in AC or LP mode, the fridge requires 12VDC for the control circuits - so the battery still needs to have a good charge either way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015