User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I don’t have a dealer near me and the only option I could find is through lci

Still would have bought the one I did

No interest in a phone app. I want dedicated monitoring
    Ymmv

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Sorry, I didn't intend to cal you out....I just didn't want the OP to think he didn't have an option for the OEM offerings....I am With you on "another App" but you don't need to have your phone open if you have the remote alert indicator as it will tell you if there is a tire pressure or temperature outside of your allowable set points you programmed into the unit. If it alarms, then you can open it up on your phone to see exactly what it is.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for all the great info. Now I know what to look for.

Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do we need to buy for the TPMS that comes on the GD

[QUOTE=NB Canada;373603]Unfortunately there isn’t a kit to set up the Imagines

This was imo a worthless marketing tool without any thought behind it

The only kit to buy is one that comes with the dock which we already have

Imo There are much better systems to buy and some that are less money

I have the tire Traker system which has a dedicated monitor which I wanted (don’t need more phone apps) and it is cheaper with a better warranty

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew[/
    Last edited by thegreenblade; 06-03-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=thegreenblade;373695]
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Unfortunately there isn’t a kit to set up the Imagines

This was imo a worthless marketing tool without any thought behind it

The only kit to buy is one that comes with the dock which we already have

Imo There are much better systems to buy and some that are less money

I have the tire Traker system which has a dedicated monitor which I wanted (don’t need more phone apps) and it is cheaper with a better warranty

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew[/
    Does anyone have a problem where the remote indicator goes off but the app doesn’t tell you why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d also recommend shopping if the kit is going to cost you a lot of money. We just got our new Reflection and it had everything. I am told that it will notify my phone if there is an issue. I think I read that the app does not have to be open... I’m not so sure. There is no way to test it so I keep the app open, but I don’t like having my phone out when I drive. The alarm unit that came with it doesn’t show pressure or temp. Supposedly it will blink red and send out an audible alarm. I’m not real confident in the system and I’ll probably upgrade to something else next year.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I’d also recommend shopping if the kit is going to cost you a lot of money. We just got our new Reflection and it had everything. I am told that it will notify my phone if there is an issue. I think I read that the app does not have to be open... I’m not so sure. There is no way to test it so I keep the app open, but I don’t like having my phone out when I drive. The alarm unit that came with it doesn’t show pressure or temp. Supposedly it will blink red and send out an audible alarm. I’m not real confident in the system and I’ll probably upgrade to something else next year.
    I’ll get notifications on my phone if there’s a fault, temp and pressure. But sometimes the repeater goes off and the app doesn’t show the problem. The temp and the pressure is fine in the app.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    I’ll get notifications on my phone if there’s a fault, temp and pressure. But sometimes the repeater goes off and the app doesn’t show the problem. The temp and the pressure is fine in the app.

Thanks. Does the app have to be open? It’s not a big deal and I can keep it open, but I’m curious if what I read is correct.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebus View Post
    Mine was only pre-wired for the Lippert dock, it did not include anything else. I purchased this kit...
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bummer is while there are wires to the installed dock, there is no power. Someone at the factory was slacking that day.
    The funny thing is that if you buy that kit, it comes with the dock anyway. So the factory doesn't really do anything for you.

I bought that same kit for my Transcend. Just wired it directly to the load terminals on my solar charge controller.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    This is incorrect...There is a kit that does not include the dock that you can buy direct from GD. It is much cheaper than the full kit and also comes with the remote alert indicator.

TireLinc - Lippert TireLinc (Grand Design P/N# 450149)

Approximate cost from dealer $110 to$140 plus tax/shipping. Herr are a few pictures of what is included I the kit:

Attachment 34634
    Jeff, how well has the system worked for you? Has it been reliable?

It looks like you just keep the remote alert indicator in the truck & check the app if there's an alert. If everything works as advertised it will be a sweet system.

I used the EezTire TPMS on our motor homes & it worked great, saved me twice from blow outs. I hope this works as well.

I think GD has done us a solid with the prewiring, about $100 worth.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    Jeff, how well has the system worked for you? Has it been reliable?

It looks like you just keep the remote alert indicator in the truck & check the app if there's an alert. If everything works as advertised it will be a sweet system.

I used the EezTire TPMS on our motor homes & it worked great, saved me twice from blow outs. I hope this works as well.

I think GD has done us a solid with the prewiring, about $100 worth.

Dave
    I know I'm not Jeff, but I have the Tire Linc system on my Reflection 320MKS. Since it came with the coach, I figured I would try them out. They work well! Once I find a good temperature range to stop it from alarming, everything is great!

Yes, I keep the remote in the cab of the truck and, because I'm paranoid, I open the One Control app throughout the drive and check the pressures and temperatures. We just drove down from Albuquerque on I-25 to I-10, into Van Horn, TX on our way to San Antonio. The pressures got as high as 91 lbs, and the highest temperature hit 115°. With 95°-100° air temperatures. I also like that it connects to the Ford Sync 3 so I can look at it there. I don't know if it alerts on the truck, but the remote screams pretty loudly (scared the piss outta the wife and me when it went off for a high temperature before I got them adjusted).

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 06-06-2021 at 06:26 AM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast