User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential Refrigerator Door Latch

Hi All,
    I am in the process of replacing my Norcold 2118 refrigerator with a Haier QHE16HYPFS residential refrigerator. I would appreciate hearing the experience people have with door latch options after installing a residential refrigerator. I have found on Amazon one that GD uses as well as some baby proofing accessories that look interesting but I would appreciate feedback before I make a purchase. Thank you as always for your help.

Bob
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 381M, Flex Air pinbox, Roadmaster Slipper Springs and Comfort Ride Shocks, Bolt It On tie down system
    2019 F-350 CC SRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Plus with EZMount, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several threads on the forum discussing this topic - you might use the search function. Our solution was this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are manufacturer/model specific, so you will have to contact the company to see if they make one for the model of refrigerator you are installing. Most "baby-proofing" products won't work because they still allow the doors and freezer door to partially open. The Fridge Fixer is the only thing I've found that positively locks things in place.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Widowed and very happily remarried
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did use the search function. It was the first thing I did.
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 381M, Flex Air pinbox, Roadmaster Slipper Springs and Comfort Ride Shocks, Bolt It On tie down system
    2019 F-350 CC SRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Plus with EZMount, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fridge Fixer (HRQ16 Series) from Amazon, the seller is very personable, the product is 3-D printed and works very good, it attaches to the fridge body with double-sided tape.

Pic of my HRQ16
    Last edited by jungleb0y; 06-03-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    315RLTS
    2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleb0y View Post
    Fridge Fixer (HRQ16 Series) from Amazon, the seller is very personable, the product is 3-D printed and works very good, it attaches to the fridge body with double-sided tape.
    Thank you, that looks like exactly what I need!