User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on covers for winter storage

I did some quick searching and didn’t find answers. I have an imagine 2970RL and live where there can be 2’ to 3’ of snow in the winter. Is it safe to use a pull over cover? And if so, anyone have experience with them and what brand to go with? There are hundreds out there to choose from.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been discuss many times on here. If you do a search, you should find many recent threads on this. It kind of falls in the same category of question as for slide toppers. Some swear by them some swear against them. We have lots of snow also and decided against getting one. They don't last, prone to wind damage and cause damage your rig, moisture, cause of many divorce when installing [emoji3], ....

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    This has been discuss many times on here. If you do a search, you should find many recent threads on this. It kind of falls in the same category of question as for slide toppers. Some swear by them some swear against them. We have lots of snow also and decided against getting one. They don't last, prone to wind damage and cause damage your rig, moisture, cause of many divorce when installing [emoji3], ....

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    hospital trips, broken roof parts, hurt back, etc.....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ADCO 34856 Designer Series... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VBRUSXK...p_mob_ap_share

We have this one. Bought one year ago so only 1 winter so far. We made sure the rig was cleaned before covering. Last winter we had a few brutal windstorms and snow storms. When we pulled the cover off in the spring, it was like a brand new trailer. No damage to the cover or trailer. It is a pain to cover so it’s a once per season event for us. As mentioned above, others have had different experiences. I’m in the “cover it” camp.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have purchased the ADCO brand for a motorhome and a travel trailer in the past. The pros are that it does keep the RV cleaner, protects from the sun for many months of the year, vents well so doesn't retain moisture like a tarp or some other forms of covering, once installed it's pretty secure provided you tie good knots. Cons are that they can be a challenge to install, you must ensure you get one with a door access in the correct location otherwise a big pain when you realize you need to get into the RV for any reason, expensive, difficult to get tightly secure enough to avoid blowing/chaffing in strong winds (tend to loosen over the months).

If we were not going south for a couple of months this winter, I would likely be purchasing one for our new TT. For whatever that's worth...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    hospital trips, broken roof parts, hurt back, etc.....
    I could live with all those. The divorce part is the only reason I won’t get a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on covers for winter storage

We choose to use a cover. Have a home in the California South West. Very hot summers with full sun and wet and windy winters. In those conditions, it is a fact the the cover will only last a couple of seasons (true statement for us at least). I look at it like having an anode rod in a water heater. The cover ends up as a a first line of defense, and for us it works. We have had the Adco Designer series, it is. A good cover. Our most recent is this one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FSNKGYG...p_mob_ap_share

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4854.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	37164

Good Luck
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "cause of many divorce when installing" This is hilarious, but I can so see it happening.

We do cover ours when it's in storage for any length of time. Have had it for two years. When installed correctly, it does have straps along the bottom that allow you to pull them tight to keep the wind from blowing it too much. The only cons so far are that covering it during the summer, you sometimes find bugs/insects that have nested inside and on the top where it sits along the A/C and vent covers can sometimes have small holes that hubby covers with duct tape. We purchased ours from Camping World shortly after buying our RV. The one we have is:

https://www.campingworld.com/camco-p...h-wheel-covers

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cover is going to start being built tomorrow, and should be done by Friday morning at the latest. At least that's what the Amish told me today when they dropped off the lumber and trailer. Still have to pick the color for the steel roofing...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a cover from e-trailer.com
    Great to work with.
    Now time to wash and wax and then cover it up. We live in central California and the sun is brutal in the summer. On my last rig the sun cooked everything exposed so I'm going to give this a try.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast