Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential Refrigerator Door Latch

Hi All,
    I am in the process of replacing my Norcold 2118 refrigerator with a Haier QHE16HYPFS residential refrigerator. I would appreciate hearing the experience people have with door latch options after installing a residential refrigerator. I have found on Amazon one that GD uses as well as some baby proofing accessories that look interesting but I would appreciate feedback before I make a purchase. Thank you as always for your help.

Bob

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several threads on the forum discussing this topic - you might use the search function. Our solution was this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are manufacturer/model specific, so you will have to contact the company to see if they make one for the model of refrigerator you are installing. Most "baby-proofing" products won't work because they still allow the doors and freezer door to partially open. The Fridge Fixer is the only thing I've found that positively locks things in place.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did use the search function. It was the first thing I did.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fridge Fixer (HRQ16 Series) from Amazon, the seller is very personable, the product is 3-D printed and works very good, it attaches to the fridge body with double-sided tape.

Pic of my HRQ16
    Last edited by jungleb0y; 06-03-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleb0y View Post
    Fridge Fixer (HRQ16 Series) from Amazon, the seller is very personable, the product is 3-D printed and works very good, it attaches to the fridge body with double-sided tape.
    Thank you, that looks like exactly what I need!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that have installed to Fridge Fixer on their Samsung....what did you do with the holes in the door that remain after removing the original latch..??
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    For those that have installed to Fridge Fixer on their Samsung....what did you do with the holes in the door that remain after removing the original latch..??
    I couldn't find the silver or grey colored plastic hole plugs I wanted, so I just found three small stainless sheet metal screws in my collection and screwed them in the holes.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I couldn't find the silver or grey colored plastic hole plugs I wanted, so I just found three small stainless sheet metal screws in my collection and screwed them in the holes.

Rob
    Flat head I assume? I tried to replace the screws from the latch...too big....wont allow the plastic block in..
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    Flat head I assume? I tried to replace the screws from the latch...too big....wont allow the plastic block in..
    Not completely flat, but they're flat enough that they don't interfere with the Fridge Fixer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Not completely flat, but they're flat enough that they don't interfere with the Fridge Fixer.

Rob
    Rob, you are the guy whose info lead me to order the Fridge Fixer. Thank you so much! I just installed mine & I agree it’s a superior design to the one Grand Design supplied. Our Samsung had two locks on it. The top one was stainless with a lever you raised to close a plate into the opening on a second plate on the other door. It depends on friction to hold it & we had no issues in the 4000 miles we’ve towed our Solitude. However it does depend on friction & the Fridge Fixer design is so much better. The bottom lock for the freezer is the same black latch as on our closet door. It is a good design. I’ve left it in place for a backup latch. In reference to the screw holes I first tapped in the screw hole a little to make the edges flush with the door & put silicone in the holes. I’m going to look for plastic plugs to install in the screw holes. Fridge Fixer is a great company. I originally ordered my Fridge Fixer from Amazon but they had a delay in shipping so I cancelled the order & ordered directly from Fridge Fixer. Great Service!
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast