User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airxcel Thermostat - Has Anyone Seen This?

Got my second air installed, a Mach 15, ducted, with Chill Grill.
    Functionally, everything works, but when you press a key on the display to change modes, the text on the screen does not stay dark, and the backlight washes them out so you can't read anything on the display. It does go to the desired mode, and aftwr a few seconds, the display appearance returns to normal.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob Landry, Did you ever figure out what was going on with thermostat? Mine does same thing. I replaced it twice, same problem. Other thermostat in bedroom works fine.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikc5456 View Post
    Bob Landry, Did you ever figure out what was going on with thermostat? Mine does same thing. I replaced it twice, same problem. Other thermostat in bedroom works fine.
    I have (maybe had) the same problem on the bedroom Airxcel. Push a button and screen is unreadable. Just noticed it when it finally got warm enough to try the AC out. I tried pulling it off the wall with my nails in the seam but didn't want to break it. It's been fine since but not counting on it just yet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thermostat.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	40385
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220427_104229.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	40386

until i push a button . then thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220427_104234.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	40387

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rikc5456 - welcome to the forum.

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Got my second air installed, a Mach 15, ducted, with Chill Grill.
    Functionally, everything works, but when you press a key on the display to change modes, the text on the screen does not stay dark, and the backlight washes them out so you can't read anything on the display. It does go to the desired mode, and aftwr a few seconds, the display appearance returns to normal.
    It is a bad display. Unfortunately you need to replace the whole unit. My suggestion is to get the WiFi or Bluetooth so you can control from your phone, not much more expensive either.

$140 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVW54RX...BSA8PGNHX7DQHF

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220427_104229.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	40386

until i push a button . then thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220427_104234.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	40387
    Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum. I think you have a bad display. On my last post in this thread. There is a link. If you look on Amazon or other retailers, the non-WiFi is about 60 bucks.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum. I think you have a bad display. On my last post in this thread. There is a link. If you look on Amazon or other retailers, the non-WiFi is about 60 bucks.

Bill
    I have replaced it twice this week, both new units worked correctly for about 30 seconds. something has to be causing it but i'm not sure where to look
    Rick

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did notice a peculiarity with this problem. How well it works seems to be dependent on the temp in the room the thermostat is in. We keep the bedroom closed off during the day and it gets pretty cold via the other AC running. If the temp in the bedroom is say, 70 or lower, the thermostat works fine and there is no problem with the backlight. When the room warms up a little, the backlight goes wonky again.
    The thermostat for the living room AC has worked flawlessly since day one. I rechecked the wiring for the second T-stat install and everything looks ok, it works in all of the functions, it's just the backlight issue.
    Has anyone talked to Airxcel about this problem?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I did notice a peculiarity with this problem. How well it works seems to be dependent on the temp in the room the thermostat is in. We keep the bedroom closed off during the day and it gets pretty cold via the other AC running. If the temp in the bedroom is say, 70 or lower, the thermostat works fine and there is no problem with the backlight. When the room warms up a little, the backlight goes wonky again.
    The thermostat for the living room AC has worked flawlessly since day one. I rechecked the wiring for the second T-stat install and everything looks ok, it works in all of the functions, it's just the backlight issue.
    Has anyone talked to Airxcel about this problem?
    Bob,
    I called Airxcel this morning and was told a technician would call me back in a few minutes. This was about 9 am. It is now 5pm and no call. I am going to try again tomorrow morn. I did notice if i get above the thermostat and look down at it I can read it. The problem is it is located on cabinet 6 feet off the floor so I have to step on a chair or something.
    The one in the bedroom is only 4 feet off the floor so it is easy to read. If I get down so i am at eye level or lower then i cant read that one either.
    Rick