User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    I will dispute that rule, if you are RVing in a TT look down as your shins/knees will suffer if you contact the hitch!
    Yep, I've done that a few times. So I guess towing a tt is more complicated. You need to look up and down. Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is too funny. Not two hours ago I wiped the pin grease out of my wife's hair after she bent over to pick something up! Too much of a coincidence' Winter before last I did the same thing only in the back of my head. I bent over to get something from the front boot and saw stars! I didn't pass out, and there was no blood (on the outside) but I did stagger a step or two. I had a golf ball-sized goose egg for two weeks... Learned that lesson Big Time!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're OK! I have zero protection (hair) up top, and I believe I've hit my head on every possible part of our camper.... Outside and inside. And we have a TT. If we had a king pin I'm sure it would be on my list too! I look up a lot now! 🤪

Sid
    Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was a logger many years ago, I conked my head on the 10 Ton counter-balance of the shovel-loader wearing my hardhat. There was not dent in the counter-balance, but it knocked me to the ground.
    I hit my head on the hitch once and did not want to do it again. I wanted to know where it was, without seeing it. I had some old webbing and put it on the hitch to "flag" it for myself and others. You can feel and see the webbing to help keep you out of the DANGER AREA. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When camping in a spot for more than a few days we bring a small outdoor fridge with us. I place it under the king pin for this exact reason
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Glad you’re okay. I’ve bloodied my head lots, but, to date, I’ve not knocked myself out. It’s become a running joke with DW. I’ve said that I need to get myself a hockey helmet or batting helmet to wear while setting up and breaking down.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who contributed the good humor to this thread.
    The humor is after the pain subsides.
    I thought I was the only Knucklehead.
    LOL:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also a member of the "head bangers club"! Last year while camping with our usual group I got up from sitting at the fire at our neighbors RV and said good night to the 4 or 5 people still sitting out. My wife asked me to make sure the bikes under the front were locked up. I did as asked and the next thing I know I'm trying to get up off of my knees with everyone standing around me making a fuss and asking if I was ok. Turns out my son-in-law was walking by returning from some night fishing and saw me lying under my pinbox. I told everyone I was ok that I probably just bumped my head after checking on the bikes... turns out that was more than 25 minutes prior. I had been out cold for almost 25 minutes! No blood but a nice big lump on my head... The next morning I went outside to find my son-in-laws hardhat sitting on my picnic table!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I'm also a member of the "head bangers club"! Last year while camping with our usual group I got up from sitting at the fire at our neighbors RV and said good night to the 4 or 5 people still sitting out. My wife asked me to make sure the bikes under the front were locked up. I did as asked and the next thing I know I'm trying to get up off of my knees with everyone standing around me making a fuss and asking if I was ok. Turns out my son-in-law was walking by returning from some night fishing and saw me lying under my pinbox. I told everyone I was ok that I probably just bumped my head after checking on the bikes... turns out that was more than 25 minutes prior. I had been out cold for almost 25 minutes! No blood but a nice big lump on my head... The next morning I went outside to find my son-in-laws hardhat sitting on my picnic table!
    WOW
    25 minutes is a LONG TIME.

I hope you are OK. I would even say; I hope you went to the doctor. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    WOW
    25 minutes is a LONG TIME.

I hope you are OK. I would even say; I hope you went to the doctor. KEN
    Thanks... I was fine, no headache and the swelling went down with ice and rest. A lump on your head is a good sign... If it swells on the outside it's probably not swelling or bleeding on the inside.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast