User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All 3 tanks won't empty

Hi Everyone. I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm in process of emptying all tanks starting with the black but nothing came out. It's the same with the two grey tanks. I've emptied them once before about two weeks ago and they all worked perfectly. It almost seems like their is some kind of suction holding it back. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. Luckily we have a built a full service RV storage pad at our house so no line ups.
    2017 F350 SRW
    2021 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of tank handles being stuck so you couldn't open the valves but I've never heard of your problem. I suppose it's possible for all of your cables to become disconnected from the tank gate valves but the odds of that happening are extremely low. One? Maybe. All of them at the same time? Unlikely.

The gray and black tanks are vented so you can't get "suction" to prevent them from draining when the valves are open.

How full are the tanks?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All 3 tanks won't empty

There would never be any suction that would hold it back. Would never be the case

Can’t help you

Can’t imagine that all 3 valves are bad so if you pull them at least one would open

The only thing left is that tanks are empty or there is a major blockage right at the outlet

My black tank is right at the main outlet. The gray tanks have a bit more of a run

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tanks are all less than half full.
    2017 F350 SRW
    2021 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can think of is solids from the black tank (probably TP) are blocking the drain pipe.

This valve https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

allows you to connect a garden hose and push water back UP into the black/gray tank. It will unplug any blockage you have. You need to let the water run for a good 5 minutes to make sure water fills the entire drain pipe and actually makes it into the tanks.

BTW, if you do choose to buy this Camco backflush device and have a black tank blockage, you need to shut your gray tank valves prior to flushing. Otherwise, water will just get pushed up into your gray tank(s) since there will be no resistance there.
    Last edited by bertschb; 06-01-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred in Vancouver View Post
    The tanks are all less than half full.
    Maybe there just isn't enough pressure to allow the tanks to empty. Try filling a gray tank with more water and see if anything comes out. The back flush idea is also a good option. Hopefully there isnt something stuck in the main discharge pipe, like one of the circles cut out of the tank for where the drain line hooks in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you feel movement when you open the valves of are all of them not moving at all ? The suggestion of a cut out blocking is entirely possible, we had that happen a few times with the kitchen gray tank. We used a back flush valve like mentioned above to free it. It can take some time to dislodge if that is the problem.

If there is any Gray in the hose lift the hose higher than the value then drop it fast, sometimes that creates a suction to get things following.

Let us know how it goes
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is definitely movement in all the tank controls. It really feels like they are opening and closing properly. I can't imagine it is clogged but at this point anything is possible. Thanks for all your ansers.
    2017 F350 SRW
    2021 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred in Vancouver View Post
    There is definitely movement in all the tank controls. It really feels like they are opening and closing properly. I can't imagine it is clogged but at this point anything is possible. Thanks for all your ansers.
    If a water back flush doesn't work, your best course at this point (Please don't let it run 5-10 minutes as you could overfill a tank.) a drain snake would clear any obstruction. Because it was at hand I've used a heavy gage (4 or 6 ) wire with the entry end folded over on itself for 6" or so. Dress appropriately, be prepared with a couple 5 gallon buckets and plan to clean up the mess. If you think you had success start with a grey tank to flush.
    Also an FYI, a non-venting system or the suction you describe would keep from draining. If it were all liquids it would most likely gulp air as it drains. If solids are in the line they could cause a dam without good liquid flow to move them along.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-01-2021 at 04:13 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gauges always read incorrectly to some degree. Add 5 gallons to each sink and toilet and then go drive around to get anything in there moving and wet.

Let’s us know what happens
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast