User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    On our 2021 there is no space to do that. Most of the top vent is blocked off forcing air movement over the cooling fins. Only about the top 5 or 6" is open and thats filled by the cooling fins.
    In my 2019 303 there is a wood panel that extends up to the cooling fins. I carefully cut out the panel leaving a 1" border around the opening. This allowed access to the temprature controlled cooling fans. After removing and reinstalling the horizontal fans with rubber grommets I added two new vertical fans to the wood panel I removed previously. I then added 4 mounting tabs to the 1" border and mounted the modified wood panel with screws. I have since had to replace one of the horizontal fans and the wood panel access is very easy.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all. First post and new to the forum. It is interesting that this is the first post on appliances as this is my biggest complaint of our 2021 31MB. About four months after getting our new camper, the fridge started making a horrible noise on and off. Towards the last part of the season it started running all the time freezing everything in the fridge. My first trip to the dealer I was told the thermistor was just knocked off. The first time out this year...the same thing...everything was frozen. On the second trip to the dealer I was told the connection of the thermistor to the main board of the fridge was damaged causing the fridge to run full time and also caused the fan to fail. Now the good news. The board I'm told isn't even on Grand Design's part book and the dealer has no idea when they can get the part. It has been at the dealer for two weeks now with no estimated repair date in sight.

Needless to say...I'm pretty disappointed in the whole experience.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. The next day I plugged the fan back in and it did not start. It didn't get hot enough for the heat sensor to start it but yesterday it wasn't hot at all either so I know the sensor must be malfunctioning. I'll contact GD and see what they are willing to do since it's still under warranty. I hope they are willing to send me a new fan and sensor without taking it back to the dealer. Those guys are backed up with appointments for weeks and it's a simple job.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe, in general, that GD is willing to send you the part if you wish to change it yourself. You will probably have to supply some kind of evidence that a new part is needed though.
    I use this type of fan for replacement and auxiliary fans.
    https://www.amazon.com/Enermax-Magma.../dp/B077M1Q927
    They are very quiet and cost $10 each.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepncj View Post
    Hello all. First post and new to the forum. It is interesting that this is the first post on appliances as this is my biggest complaint of our 2021 31MB. About four months after getting our new camper, the fridge started making a horrible noise on and off. Towards the last part of the season it started running all the time freezing everything in the fridge. My first trip to the dealer I was told the thermistor was just knocked off. The first time out this year...the same thing...everything was frozen. On the second trip to the dealer I was told the connection of the thermistor to the main board of the fridge was damaged causing the fridge to run full time and also caused the fan to fail. Now the good news. The board I'm told isn't even on Grand Design's part book and the dealer has no idea when they can get the part. It has been at the dealer for two weeks now with no estimated repair date in sight.

Needless to say...I'm pretty disappointed in the whole experience.
    My first thought is your service guy isn't the best but it may be just the translation. The thermistor cannot 'cause' the fan(s) to fail. Completely separate control ccts. Fans are controlled by a temp switch.
    But if I was in your position, and assuming you were not messing with the control board connections, I would insist on a new fridge if they cannot get you a new board. Because the board was either damaged during trailer assy or your dealer damaged it playing with the thermistor. Either way, not your fault, warrantable. I would be talking to the dealer service manager to work out a way forward.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    When we replaced our Atwood fridge with the Dometic while it was out , we remounted and changed to super quiet computer fans . Mounted using little bungie cords to take away vibration noise. It's pretty darned quiet . We learned and have done this to fridges going back to our little '98 Aliner,
    Hi Gary,

Could you provide a pic and model number of the fans? Do you have the 8CuFt fridge, or 12?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike & Kerri
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Chevy Siiverado Z71 2500 HD Duramax CC SB 4WD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I believe, in general, that GD is willing to send you the part if you wish to change it yourself. You will probably have to supply some kind of evidence that a new part is needed though.
    I called GD and described the problem and they offered to send me a new fan and heat sensor. Rather than take it back to the dealer, I said I would be willing to install them myself. Looks like a simple job. They were very helpful and answered a few other questions I had about the new trailer. So far, I was very pleased with GD customer service.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I called GD and described the problem and they offered to send me a new fan and heat sensor. Rather than take it back to the dealer, I said I would be willing to install them myself. Looks like a simple job. They were very helpful and answered a few other questions I had about the new trailer. So far, I was very pleased with GD customer service.
    I had a similar experience with a different part. My saddlebox cracked. I sent pics, they sent me a new saddlebox.
    They also sent me a replacement pendant led bulb as a goodwill gesture. They are hard to find!
    Best customer service of any RV manufacturer I've had experience with.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 06-10-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikenKerri View Post
    Hi Gary,

Could you provide a pic and model number of the fans? Do you have the 8CuFt fridge, or 12?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike we have the 8CF and Don't think in a spot with access to take a picture, but will check and if it's possible I can take a pic.
    We have 3 fans on the back , they are the super quiet fans for computuer boxes. I think it was 120mm, spliced it into the sensor that turns the fans on and off on the fridge. We left the 2 OEM fans but remounted those to quiet them.

this is Marcy by the way , Gary types in black
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12