User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawl through it. Look for anything obvious. I wouldn’t pass on it. This is actually the rig that you want. Barely used and sitting around. Just being outside won’t hurt anything unless it got damaged by vermin or water. The entire thing is fixable anyway. 2 years is nothing to worry about, plenty of people I know who are into rving take a season off for various reasons. If you are handy you should be able to deal with most of it. Check that the slide moves in and out correctly. The plumbing is really the least of your concern. It’s the appliances that will cost you. Might need tires. I hope you are handy because rving is much better suited for people who can fix things themselves.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    That's a hard one, because somebody will buy it on his terms in this market. Can you check the electrical systems? Fixing water issues is typically less expensive than AC's or fridges. I realize he doesn't want to take the chance of tearing it up on his dime and really don't blame him, but you show everything works to get top dollar (but maybe not in this sellers market). If it were me I would allow $2000 in my mind or in my offer for the RV. That's my 2 cents...YMMV.

Red
    I really agree with Rojo on this. I'd have a difficult time buying and not expecting some expenditures. Also, remember some RV parts are hard to get in the present market.

What if you agree on a price with the seller contingent on your moving the trailer and making sure everything works? If there is a major problem he can then fix or negotiate a new price based on any potential issue,
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be more concerned about the ac unit and the fridge working. Ac compressors will set up if they don’t run occasionally. $$ Not a lot to go wrong on sewerage and grey water plumbing. Maybe some dried out gaskets on the valves. Awning is probably full of water and possibly mouldy from water wicking into the ends. Can be cleaned but may have some stains. Storage lot will not have 30 amp service to test ac. If it were me I’d offer him $200 if you can pull it somewhere to have it checked out and show him you’re serious. If not offer him $1500 less as is. Just my opinion….

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I really agree with Rojo on this. I'd have a difficult time buying and not expecting some expenditures. Also, remember some RV parts are hard to get in the present market.

What if you agree on a price with the seller contingent on your moving the trailer and making sure everything works? If there is a major problem he can then fix or negotiate a new price based on any potential issue,
    ^^^^^^what dryfly said^^^^^
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpo1958 View Post
    Trying to buy my first rig and could use some help. I'm looking at purchasing a very slightly used Solitude 310GK that has been stored outside (on pavement) and not used in almost two years. Everything on it looks great, but the Owner won't move it (or let me move it) to a place where I can have it fully inspected. There is no water or sewer at the storage yard, so I would have to buy it without testing those systems. The unit was winterized when it was put in storage, but has had nothing done to it since. I see a lot of warnings about buying a rig that has been unused for a long period of time, but how long is "too long". Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Usually in my experience of buying boats and rvs if they will not let you test out every component on it there is a reason for that. As the owner he should be willing to allow it to either be towed by him or by you to a facility for inspection at your cost or reimbursement for his fuel. And if problems are found and he is not willing to negotiate a price that you agree on do not give him a copy of the report of problems. You paid for that not him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Usually in my experience of buying boats and rvs if they will not let you test out every component on it there is a reason for that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    So what have you found in the past the seller was hiding?

I like most people just can’t be bothered jumping through hoops for buyers only for them to lowball or have no intention of buying
    He will sell it eventually to someone

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    So what have you found in the past the seller was hiding?

I like most people just can’t be bothered jumping through hoops for buyers only for them to lowball or have no intention of buying
    He will sell it eventually to someone

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I haven't found anything. They've gone underground. I offered full asking price. If anything structural/mechanical/roof leak was discovered in the inspection the price would be reduced by the repair cost up to a max. of 4%. Anything past that amount I would cover or walk away. I hope that doesn't make me the "low ball offerer" that you reference. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't found anything. They've gone underground. I offered full asking price. If anything structural/mechanical/roof leak was discovered in the inspection the price would be reduced by the repair cost up to a max. of 4%. Anything past that amount I would cover or walk away. I hope that doesn't make me the "low ball offerer" that you reference. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.
    I quoted the person I asked the question to.

What does they have gone underground mean?

I asked this question to you at the start
    Can’t you take an inspector to the unit?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to buy my first rig and could use some help. I'm looking at purchasing a very slightly used Solitude 310GK that has been stored outside (on pavement) and not used in almost two years. Everything on it looks great, but the Owner won't move it (or let me move it) to a place where I can have it fully inspected. There is no water or sewer at the storage yard, so I would have to buy it without testing those systems. The unit was winterized when it was put in storage, but has had nothing done to it since. I see a lot of warnings about buying a rig that has been unused for a long period of time, but how long is "too long". Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    My first TT had not been used for 14 years!! I had a low budget of 2K ( This was in 1992) and had probably looked at 40 or 50 junkers that were in my price range. Once I set foot inside it, I knew I had to buy it. A 1975 Prowler. The owner had it stored at his sons house. I could not check anything (didn't even know how) so I just made him a 2K offer. He was asking 2500.00, and we settled on 2300.00.

I used that TT until 2000 when we purchased our first new one. Did some upgrades to it and repaired some things along the way. nothing too bad other than it needing new holding tanks after about 4 years . They were made out of a different plastic back in 1975, and just degraded due to age. Sold it for 3200.00
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I quoted the person I asked the question to.

What does they have gone underground mean?

I asked this question to you at the start
    Can’t you take an inspector to the unit?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    "Gone underground" means that I haven't heard from them since I made the offer on Sunday. I can take an inspector to the unit at a storage yard but no water, no sewer and no adequate electricity to test the AC. I don't believe that it's currently insured, so they won't let it out of the storage unit unless the move is completed by an insured entity, like an RV Dealer. I offered to have it inspected under those conditions with a $2500 price reduction. No answer.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast