Greetings all,

Our new Momentum 351M is on order and we are on the horns of a dilemma. This would be our first RV that is prepped for generator. We are not sure if we have the manufacturer/dealer install the ONAN 5.5KW generator, at a cost of $5000, or do we wait and try to pick one up off the open market? Not sure if there are better ones out there, and the price seems to be a bit excessive.

We do have a Honda 2200i generator that works for current rig, and are thinking about using it on the 351M as well, although I know that it would not power very many things on the M, and would need to add a 2nd 2200 and run them together for amperage. That is, if they can be configured like the ONAN would be.

Still, I like the idea of the ONAN being installed as it would probably vent better than to 2 Honda's. But again, that $5K price tag is a bitter pill to swallow.

So, I guess my questions are; If you are running the ONAN generator on your rig, does work well for you? And, are there better, and less expensive, ones available for RVs?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Signed - A total RV generator newbie.