User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    29RS Slide Awnings

    Recently purchased a 29RS and looking at doing slide awnings. From watching videos, seems pretty straight forward. Any experience? Biggest thing I see thus far is making sure I order the correct length for each slide.
    2004 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
    2018 Reflection 29RS

  2. #2
    Rolling Along OurNewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stan3718 View Post
    Recently purchased a 29RS and looking at doing slide awnings. From watching videos, seems pretty straight forward. Any experience? Biggest thing I see thus far is making sure I order the correct length for each slide.
    I'm guessing you mean slide toppers that go on top of the slide out. I looked up your floorplan and the only spot I see that could be a challenge is on your door side slide. Specifically, being sure your topper mounting hardware does not interfere with your awning that goes over the door.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

  3. #3
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, yes slide toppers is correct. Iíve had them on our travel trailer and like them. Looking right now at what youíre talking about. Iíll have to do some more measuring.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lived in the northwest, so slide toppers almost come standard there. (Sooooooooo much rain)
    We have them on our 29RS. They fit fine. Just donít know if you could mount a sun Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2021-06-13-18:16:12-222.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	34928
    awning off the slide. There doesnít seem to be enough room. But I have seen them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Slide toppers on 29RS

    Quote Originally Posted by stan3718 View Post
    Sorry, yes slide toppers is correct. Iíve had them on our travel trailer and like them. Looking right now at what youíre talking about. Iíll have to do some more measuring.
    Stan I have the same trailer and looking to do the same thing, did you end up getting a slide topper for the kitchen slide? If you donít mind could you provide any feedback, bared of topper, size, etc. did everything clear the regular awning arm? Thanks for the help.

  6. #6
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chair16 View Post
    Stan I have the same trailer and looking to do the same thing, did you end up getting a slide topper for the kitchen slide? If you donít mind could you provide any feedback, bared of topper, size, etc. did everything clear the regular awning arm? Thanks for the help.
    Chair16,

    My RV is Winnebago's version of the 29RS. I had the same issue when I bought and installed my toppers. Normally the topper is 4 to 6 inches longer than the slide, giving 2 to 3 inches overhang on each side.

    Because of the awning arm near the door you will need to order one size smaller than normal. I left about one inch between the awning arm and the topper mechanism. Had them one year and still working well.

    Hope that helps...

    Boomer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.