Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung residential refrigerator

I have a 2021 3540 S-class with the Samsung 3 door residential refrigerator. I am running it on shore power. It will run for a couple of days and then quit cooling. If I reset it, it will work again for another couple of days before I have to start all over again. I'm tired of losing food. Any ideas?
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you having to reset - the refrigerator itself or the circuit breaker on the secondary panel? If refrigerator, how are you resetting it? Samsung recommends not resetting the fridge so that error codes are retained for trouble-shooting. Here's something I found:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087902/

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 06-05-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    What are you having to reset - the refrigerator itself or the circuit breaker on the secondary panel? If refrigerator, how are you resetting it? Samsung recommends not resetting the fridge so that error codes are retained for trouble-shooting. Here's something I found:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087902/

Rob
    I reset the refrigerator by flipping the breaker since I didn't want to unscrew the refrigerator from the floor and move it out to unplug it. I did the reset after calling Samsung and was advised to do so. I had to reset again this morning after resetting yesterday afternoon. Only left it without power for five minutes and then it started back so I don't think it's an icing issue.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    I reset the refrigerator by flipping the breaker since I didn't want to unscrew the refrigerator from the floor and move it out to unplug it. I did the reset after calling Samsung and was advised to do so. I had to reset again this morning after resetting yesterday afternoon. Only left it without power for five minutes and then it started back so I don't think it's an icing issue.
    So the saga continues. After five calls over five days time to Samsung during which they never called back when they said they would, they said they could not send a repair person as there is no repair center in my area (north central Indiana). They offered me $950 as compensation. That's a joke for what it would cost to replace. Looks like I'll have to take it to an RV dealer for warranty through GD and be without my RV for a couple of months while the dealer orchestrates the fix.
    I did contact GD to see if they would cover the expense of a mobile tech to look at it and they said no.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to be without your rv
    It sounds like Samsung is saying it needs replaced

Get that ball rolling and replace when it comes in

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there were some Samsungs that had defective parts in them. Mine was one of them. Parts replaced by a repair person and all is well. RV dealers can't repair residential refrigerators.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there were some Samsungs that had defective parts in them. Mine was one of them. Parts replaced by a repair person and all is well. RV dealers can't repair residential refrigerators.
    I believe you and I talked about yours before. What did they replace? Mine is doing the same thing. Keep an eye on it, they replaced the control board in mine and it didn't solve the problem. I don't think they know exactly what the problem is and they are throwing parts at it.

Its not an isolated problem looking at the reviews for this fridge on the Samsung website. We are far from the only ones to have the issue.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They replaced the control assembly and the PCB. It works great now thankfully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed?

I have a 2021 3540 S-class with the Samsung 3 door residential refrigerator. I am running it on shore power. It will run for a couple of days and then quit cooling. If I reset it, it will work again for another couple of days before I have to start all over again. I'm tired of losing food. Any ideas?
    Do you get yours fixed? Mine is doing the same thing!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinapv View Post
    Do you get yours fixed? Mine is doing the same thing!
    Read post 8

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast