Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 320MKS Layout

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320MKS Layout

Anyone know a reason why GD made the 320MKS flipped on the floorplan from the 345GK other than maybe price? You would think the reflection would be the same floorplan as the 345GK has much more windows and the dinette overlooks your own spot rather than the people behind you. At the very least I wish they would have the TV telescoping in the 320MKS with a window behind it like the Imaging 2670MK and the solitude. It seams the 320MKS will be very dark when the sun is on the awning side.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Anyone know a reason why GD made the 320MKS flipped on the floorplan from the 345GK other than maybe price? You would think the reflection would be the same floorplan as the 345GK has much more windows and the dinette overlooks your own spot rather than the people behind you. At the very least I wish they would have the TV telescoping in the 320MKS with a window behind it like the Imaging 2670MK and the solitude. It seams the 320MKS will be very dark when the sun is on the awning side.
    The 345 is also a Solitude line, you can get a residential refer for it, and it's 2 feet longer.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The 345 is also a Solitude line, you can get a residential refer for it, and it's 2 feet longer.

I get that. I guess I'm trying to ask why would they not use the solitude floorplan in the 320mks in order to to put more windows in the 320? It just seams like a better floorplan. Is this by design to convince people to go up to solitude?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that. I guess I'm trying to ask why would they not use the solitude floorplan in the 320mks in order to to put more windows in the 320? It just seams like a better floorplan. Is this by design to convince people to go up to solitude?
    Yup! You want that floorplan, upgrade to the Solitude! Every manufacturer I know of does this, even software programs/designers do it.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the 320 is the replacement for the 307 (which we have). It's a couple of feet longer and most of the additional length went into the bathroom for a larger shower. The bed was also relocated to the slide out. The refrigerator in both was located in the rear, which allowed for the opposing slide outs to be fairly well balanced weight wise. The 320 would be perfect if they had flipped the opposing slide outs to put the kitchen on the street side and the dinette on the curb side. The additional length of the 320 puts it just out of reach for an F250. We are maxed out with the 307.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]