User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leak into living room

I have a water leak in the living room of my 369RL. The water is coming in from under the "End Table" that is between the left end of the couch, and the rear end of the kitchen slide. It occurs when it's raining outside. The dealer said it was from the slide, and that they fixed it. Neither appears to be the case. Where could water be getting in over there, or where could it be running out there from? Any thoughts? It looks like i'll be on my own to figure this out, unless factory helps me. Dealer is completely useless! Can't even get a return phone call to set up a service appointment, and if I could I'd have to cancel multiple months of camping to get service work.
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would seem likely that the leak is from the slide. There's a couple of things that you can check: How well does the slide fascia fit to the wall when it's extended? What condition are the slide seals in...inner set of seals when the room's retracted and the outer set when the room's extended?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another possibility might be around the window, coming down inside the wall and out under the end table.
    I would spray each area independently with a water hose and watch for which area creates the problem.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an issue in the bedroom of a former trailer, whose brand shall remain nameless, but whose initials are Passport. I really looked closely at the window and caulking around it. Found a place where appeared to be a gap, caulded it up, and no more wet spots. Hopefully that is all it is.
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the location its definitely a slide or window caulk issue. Im putting my money on the window. I caught one spot on my 323 BHS during PDI on the rear kitchen where the swing up door frame had a 3-4 inch spot of missing caulk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Spoke to Jerry at GD. He suspects window is the culprit. He's working to help me, which is a huge relief, in light of my situation with my dealer. Thanks Jerry, GD and everyone for their pointers and ideas! I appreciate it!
    Greg & Sherry
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gws154 View Post
    I have a water leak in the living room of my 369RL. The water is coming in from under the "End Table" that is between the left end of the couch, and the rear end of the kitchen slide. It occurs when it's raining outside. The dealer said it was from the slide, and that they fixed it. Neither appears to be the case. Where could water be getting in over there, or where could it be running out there from? Any thoughts? It looks like i'll be on my own to figure this out, unless factory helps me. Dealer is completely useless! Can't even get a return phone call to set up a service appointment, and if I could I'd have to cancel multiple months of camping to get service work.
    Hi Greg & Sherry (@gws154),

My understanding is that you have made a shop appointment here and unless I hear differently from you, I will consider this handled/closed. Please note: If you have any questions or updates regarding your service appointment with us, please contact our Customer Support team directly to discuss via email at [email protected] or phone at (574) 825-9679. Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again our manufacturer steps up to help out!! We are one lucky group of people! What other manufacturer would step up like this?
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design definitely stepped up to help us! I have to say that I felt pretty helpless dealing with my dealer. After stopping at GD while on a trip, and explaining our situation, the folks at GD definitely went out of their way to help us. Thanks so much to Jerry, Don, Janice, Bill, Tyler, Marc and those at GD whose names I forgot or never knew. Even though I would not recommend our dealer, I have told everyone I know in the camping universe about GD. Thanks again Grand Design!
    Greg & Sherry
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inquiring minds want to know what the issue turned out to be?
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle