User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    @Malco1, Did this ever get resolved? Interesting to hear what they say.

To me, this is more of a programming issue than a HW failure. My system operates incorrectly in exactly the same incorrect way.
    It works properly if I unhitch and hitch on fairly level ground. If level is higher than hitch height the rear jacks don't come up if I hit "hitch height". I have to put it in manual to raise the rear and center jacks.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to add this here, for what it's worth. When you finish unhitching from the truck, AND the trailer is nose low (below level of the trailer itself) the auto level will not work correctly. In my case, when I unhitch, I either look at my phone app to see if the nose is low....and if it is, I raise the front of the trailer enough to get it slightly above level. Then, and only then do I push the auto level control button on the pad. The trailer will level itself and life is good. When it comes time to leave the campsite, I push the hitch height button and the mid and rear jacks retract completely. Then the trailer will go back to the point it was at when I unhitch AND RAISED the trailer to slightly above level. That position or height is NOT EXACTLY the height that I need to hitch the truck, but it is slightly higher than it needs to be. Then when I back in and get close to the hitch, I can eyeball it and lower it to where it needs to be.

If the nose of the trailer is below level after you unhitch from the truck, auto level will fault and have to be reset...either via the tablet inside or from the phone app.

So basically, what this boils down to is this. If you unhitch and the nose is higher than level....you're good to go and it should return to whatever height you stopped it at when unhitching and starting the auto level process. If it's lower than level after you unhitch, you will have to raise it up to at least level for the auto level to work....but, doing that screws up your hitch height by a small amount....or however much you raised it to get it level after unhitching.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I'm going to add this here, for what it's worth. When you finish unhitching from the truck, AND the trailer is nose low (below level of the trailer itself) the auto level will not work correctly. In my case, when I unhitch, I either look at my phone app to see if the nose is low....and if it is, I raise the front of the trailer enough to get it slightly above level. Then, and only then do I push the auto level control button on the pad. The trailer will level itself and life is good. When it comes time to leave the campsite, I push the hitch height button and the mid and rear jacks retract completely. Then the trailer will go back to the point it was at when I unhitch AND RAISED the trailer to slightly above level. That position or height is NOT EXACTLY the height that I need to hitch the truck, but it is slightly higher than it needs to be. Then when I back in and get close to the hitch, I can eyeball it and lower it to where it needs to be.

If the nose of the trailer is below level after you unhitch from the truck, auto level will fault and have to be reset...either via the tablet inside or from the phone app.

So basically, what this boils down to is this. If you unhitch and the nose is higher than level....you're good to go and it should return to whatever height you stopped it at when unhitching and starting the auto level process. If it's lower than level after you unhitch, you will have to raise it up to at least level for the auto level to work....but, doing that screws up your hitch height by a small amount....or however much you raised it to get it level after unhitching.
    That's how mine works.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post

My driveway is up hill, so when I unhitch I am probably a foot below level. It auto-levels fine. My problem is that when I hit hitch height the rear and center jacks do not come up. According to the manual the rear and center jacks should raise regardless of where you unhitched from. If my hitched height is above level every thing works fine.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    The auto level works fine, but when I want to leave and hit the hitch height button the front jacks go to the correct height, but the rear and center jacks do not retract. I have to use my phone to manually retract the rear and side jacks. Hitch height worked properly when I first got the rig. What could have caused this problem?
    I think I found the problem, after unhitching, moving the truck, putting down pads under the jacks, the the leveling pad shuts off. When this happens I guess you loose the hitch height. If I hit auto level before the pad shuts off everything works OK.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go into manual mode for any reason after doing auto level, you lose the hitch height function.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12