User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they'll get it straightened out quickly.

FWIW, the other end of the winterization stuff is under the dinette seat (should be a sticker on the front seat). Two screws and lift that plywood, pump is under there, and winterization hose is there. Between those valves, and the valves at the water heater in the back, should be just about everything you need to deal with routinely.

We're having a problem with ours -- the tank has to be very full or the pump sucks air. It's weird. Totally full and it's fine. But as it runs down, it starts sucking air while it's still full enough to read 4 LEDs on the status panel. That's my project tomorrow -- to see if I can see an obvious reason the pump is sucking air. The pickup is next to the gravity fill tube, both easily accessible through a hole in the floor underneath the pump.

But I gotta say, between this, the hard-to-close door, GFCI tripping microwave circuit, and slide that shakes & bangs as it goes in and out ...... I'm not *really* that impressed with GD build quality. Our Jayco was flawless for 5 years. I really like this trailer in all ways much better than the Jayco, aside from how crappy it was thrown together. As much as possible I try to fix it myself because I can't afford to leave it at the dealer for months.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    New to the forum. We are thinking about buying the 261bh. We have looked at so many floor plans and have seen a fridge on the slide, but not one with the stove and fridge. Was wondering if I should be concerned about the heat and ventilation from both items? Thanks for your time.
    Our fridge and dinette are on our slide. We have had no issues to date.
    2020 Transcend 30RBS
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD High County Z71 Crew Cab 6.6 gas.
    2015 Indian Roadmaster motorcycle.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone having any wobbling when retracting or extending the slide on a 261BH. It almost feels like it's a rocking chair. Had a jayfeather and a bullet before thos transcend and never had this issue. It's seals well when fully extended or retracted. Guess you can't put it half way out

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjp12 View Post
    Anyone having any wobbling when retracting or extending the slide on a 261BH. It almost feels like it's a rocking chair. Had a jayfeather and a bullet before thos transcend and never had this issue. It's seals well when fully extended or retracted. Guess you can't put it half way out
    It looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. You've posted on an old thread, you'd probably have better luck starting your own. But yes, most slides work better if you only fully extend or retract it. Is your Transcend new?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. It's less than a week old

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocking while it's moving, or stopped? If it's shaking the trailer when the slide is moving, then try lubricating the gear packs under the slide. Fixed it for us.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of questions. I am going to guess it is a rack and pinion slide. If this was a Schwintec you would have serious issues if rocking while moving.

Please verify it is a Rack and Pinion. If so is the rocking more of an inconsistent sliding motion or is it like a see saw with the leading edge kind of rocking low to high on the way out and high to low on the way in?

Inconsistent sliding could easily be a lube issue, rocking low to high and vise versa is potentially a height adjustment.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Thanks guys on the opinions and the quick responses. We pulled the trigger on it and the first voyage this weekend!
    Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's a rack and pinion. If you stop the slide at any point before its fully retracted or extended and pull on the slide from the ceiling to the floor it's very sloppy and rocks up and down like a rocking chair. It scrapes the floor badly when extending

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's a rack and pinion. If you stop the slide at any point before its fully retracted or extended and pull on the slide from the ceiling to the floor it's very sloppy and rocks up and down like a rocking chair. It scrapes the floor badly when extending
    Scraping the floor is not good, but being able to rock the slide in a partially open condition is normal. The only time the slide will be solid, is when it is fully in or fully out. The nature of the beast. But it does sound like you need to check the supports on the bottom of the slide and see why it's scraping the floor. It may need to be raised a tad.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12