Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered a new Solitude 372WB

Ordered our new 372WB today with about every option except the solar and generator. Not new to GD; moving from a Momentum 398M to the Solitude. After losing our son we sold all of the toys but still like to camp and wanted more living space. We were very happy with the Momentum and will be sad to see it go but it is time for a new chapter. Will be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested. It was the first one off the line with full body paint. Can't wait to get the new unit. GD is projecting early May. We do a lot of boondocking so looking to install a generator but not propane. Weighing either and inverter type to fit in the generator compartment or a traditional Onan. I installed a Onan 7000 efi in the Momentum and have been very happy with it. Regardless of which generator I am going to have to figure out how to install a gas tank in the Solitude for extended operations. If anyone has done this please contact me with any pictures or advice. If I go the inverter route I will have to figure out how to cool the compartment and expel the exhaust. Again if anyone has done this please let me know. I still can't believe no company has designed a permanently installed inverter generator for a reasonable price!! Hoping to get to a rally this Summer to meet other GD owners.

Chuck

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great 5th wheel....ask me how I know... lol did you go full body paint? Love ours One trick.... I put a remote controlled AC switch on the wine fridge... don't need it on all the time....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did go Full Body Paint. I was thinking of putting the wine fridge on an inverter to keep it powered when traveling. We do a couple of cross country trips a year. Is it possible to use the bathroom without putting the slide out when traveling? I haven't seen it with the slides in but it doesn't look like you can get to the bathroom without putting the slide out a little.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b727capt View Post
    We did go Full Body Paint. I was thinking of putting the wine fridge on an inverter to keep it powered when traveling. We do a couple of cross country trips a year. Is it possible to use the bathroom without putting the slide out when traveling? I haven't seen it with the slides in but it doesn't look like you can get to the bathroom without putting the slide out a little.
    Only if you climb over the bed....the bed butts up with the dresser.... its King though...dont know about queen....but am sure it will be same...

we did outdoor kitchen...slide toppers...generator...heat pump...very happy with it
    Last edited by JMCFAN; 01-30-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will want to add a IR extender to the fireplace TV.....unless you want to standup to change channels..... lol
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have owned our 372WB for 2yrs. now, just got back home from a week long stay at Indian Creek Recreation Area - an Agricultural and Forestry Area in Central Louisiana, we have absolutely enjoyed our 372WB with NO issues, Grand Design has lived up to our expections, and more.
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggossler View Post
    Have owned our 372WB for 2yrs. now, just got back home from a week long stay at Indian Creek Recreation Area - an Agricultural and Forestry Area in Central Louisiana, we have absolutely enjoyed our 372WB with NO issues, Grand Design has lived up to our expections, and more.
    Do you have 3 A/C's?? How does it keep up in your humid summers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captain:
    We have only two A/C's have not had any issues with keeping the unit cool, especially during 4th of July Weekend trips, spent last year at Maumelle, AR a COE park on the Arkansas River in N. Little Rock, was there for a week, great park, lots of activity, was typical southern humidity, but we had plenty of cool temps inside in the evening. Have absolutely loved the 372WB
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Solitude owners have the outdoor kitchen? Do you use it? How much storage space do you really loose? Is it worth the loss of underbelly storage?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    curious as to who is still flying 727's. thought they were all retired or out of this country anyway.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast