Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22MLE dinette dimensions and storage options

Hi all, I am looking to order a 22MLE and have some questions on the dinette. If anyone out there with a 22MLE could take some pictures and measurements, I would greatly appreciate it! I can't find one on a dealer lot near me right now (go figure) - I have seen the model in person, but didn't think of looking at this then.

As I understand it, the dinette seat nearest the bathroom has a "non-removable" cover. I'd love to know what is under this cover, as I'd like to add some additional electrical things under here. Does anyone know what is stored under here/why GD has "closed" it off?

If anyone has a 22MLE, I'd love to get dimensions of the closed off "storage" bay there. A picture with the cover removed would be amazing!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just discovered through some searching that the schwintek control module and the water pump are located here - probably not the best location for what I had in mind. Does anyone have dimensions on the under bed storage?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get you those measurements by the weekend unless someone else beats me to it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I can get you those measurements by the weekend unless someone else beats me to it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I really appreciate it! No rush.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2020 22mle it’s 44”W x 27”L x 20”D

It’s framed with 2”x2” and has a framed heater duct in the lower street-side corner. We find this is a good place for us to store our folding chairs, tables, grill, etc.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    On our 2020 22mle it’s 44”W x 27”L x 20”D

It’s framed with 2”x2” and has a framed heater duct in the lower street-side corner. We find this is a good place for us to store our folding chairs, tables, grill, etc.
    Thanks! This is super helpful - I appreciate it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the cover over the seat of the dinette on the bathroom side is removable. Just 3 screws, under is the water pump and the control board for the slide out. I closed in the water pump and cleaned up the electrical to make a usable storage space. We can still get to the water pump after removing a few screws. The board coving the opening for the seat does not need to be screwed down. Easy access and a lot of storage!
    Hope the photos help,
    Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails under seat1.jpg   underseat2.jpg   underseat3.jpg   underseat4.jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgway View Post
    So the cover over the seat of the dinette on the bathroom side is removable. Just 3 screws, under is the water pump and the control board for the slide out. I closed in the water pump and cleaned up the electrical to make a usable storage space. We can still get to the water pump after removing a few screws. The board coving the opening for the seat does not need to be screwed down. Easy access and a lot of storage!
    Hope the photos help,
    Brian
    This is perfect! Thank you! A very good idea to just enclosure all the stuff for additional storage. I was thinking about using this area for some batteries/solar stuff - still not sure how much I should trust the water pump being there. I guess Grand Design is trusting it with the slide electronics, though.