User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Average cost of sites

I tried a search but did not find much, I assume this has been discussed. What is the average price for an overnight stay in a private campground between the months of January and April is the southern / western US? When one considers the cost of the sites for 4 months, it can be significant. I realize monthly is more economical but I assume we will be moving around the first couple of years.

Here in Atlantic Canada it's between $40 and $50 per night Canadian. Never boondocked but do plan to try it for sure. Hopefully towing a 41 foot TH.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should clarify we are not interested in resort type places.

Oldcow

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    I should clarify we are not interested in resort type places.

Oldcow

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
    We stay in Georgia state parks when possible and typically pay around $35.00 per night, some higher some lower.
    Down around St. Mary's GA (one mile from Florida line) there are reasonable weekly and monthly rates at private parks.
    Have fun:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are just weekenders. We stay in COE parks and the cost using my NP pass is $13 a night.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    We stay in Georgia state parks when possible and typically pay around $35.00 per night, some higher some lower.
    Down around St. Mary's GA (one mile from Florida line) there are reasonable weekly and monthly rates at private parks.
    Have fun:
    Bob A.
    My understanding is that many state parks can not accommodate a 41' RV?

Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    We are just weekenders. We stay in COE parks and the cost using my NP pass is $13 a night.
    Is COE only for ex military use? That is an awesome rate.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found that it varies somewhat depending on the region. Here around North Carolina, it's around $30/night for power and water. I know that's not the coast you were looking for, but I wanted to say another option you may look at is being a park host. If you can get the gig, most places offer free stays in exchange for a few hours work every day doing things like emptying trash cans. We have not done this ourselves since we do not stay in one spot long enough, but those whom I have personally talked to seem to like the arrangement.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a search but did not find much, I assume this has been discussed. What is the average price for an overnight stay in a private campground between the months of January and April is the southern / western US? When one considers the cost of the sites for 4 months, it can be significant. I realize monthly is more economical but I assume we will be moving around the first couple of years.

Here in Atlantic Canada it's between $40 and $50 per night Canadian. Never boondocked but do plan to try it for sure. Hopefully towing a 41 foot TH.

Oldcow
    An average is a tough thing to pin down but I can attest from my spring travels that overnight fees are going up. Also I have seen service fees and rate structures changed at state and national parks.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldcow
    In general some state parks are not big rig friendly, but not all.
    For example Crooked river state park in St. Mary's GA can handle the big 3 axle Momentums, while others
    strain to handle our 30 foot Imagine. Not sure about all states but GA has a 14 day limit per stay.
    You can get around the 14 day rule by reserving a different spot after 14 days.

COE parks are open to the public, ck on a pass for National parks and save money.
    Hope this helps:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldcow
    COE parks are open to the public. A national Park Senior Pass gets you half price. The age requirement for the pass is 62 and the price is now one time $80, which pays for itself pretty quick. Even at $26 per night in our area, it's a heck of a deal.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the western US private park rates are now $45-$55 a night or more plus tax during season and a few dollars less out of season. Most places have weekly rates which are stay a week and get one night free and monthly rates are much cheaper. If you have Good Sam or other discount card many commercial rv parks give a discount on nightly rates which usually covers the tax. If you want to know the rates use Google. Google “RV park” and enter the town name. Go to the park web site and most will have rates posted someplace on their site. Federal and state campgrounds are usually a little cheaper but not inexpensive. If you have one of the National park passes as stated above the price is less. Good luck finding a place in state or National parks unless you book a long ways out. This year, good luck finding a place to park the rig anyplace. We spent all afternoon the other day trying to book sites in southern Colorado and most places we called were booked full six weeks out when we wanted to go. We did find some places but we called every place in southwest Colorado.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast