User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! AC kicked off on the hottest day of the year!

Hey everyone, hoping someone can offer some tips, I haven’t searched much yet but I will, it’s just urgent due to the high outdoor temps, 113°!

2021 381M

I had two AC units running (main and bedroom) off the generator. Got hooked up to 50A power source, turned off the generator, the main AC unit turned off, the bedroom remained on.

I tried cycling power to the unit: turned everything off, disconnected 50A, turned off battery switch. Turned it all back on and the main unit still won’t turn on.

When I turn it on, I do here a ‘click’ as if it’s getting the signal to the solenoid to enable it, but the unit doesn’t turn on.

Anything I can check on the unit itself? It’s ridiculously hot outside thank you!!!

Oh, the AC units are by Coleman Mach
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    False Alarm! Breaker tripped [emoji23]

Sorry it’s so hot I can’t think straight, glad it’s an easy fix lol
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it going again.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too, I don’t like it when it’s above 75, so this is like being on the sun

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Several posts around of low voltage on a leg for 50 amp service at various campgrounds. Do you have an EMS in line? Breakers can trip on low voltage too as the AC tries to draw more power. You might want to check the voltage on each leg of your service.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Several posts around of low voltage on a leg for 50 amp service at various campgrounds. Do you have an EMS in line? Breakers can trip on low voltage too as the AC tries to draw more power. You might want to check the voltage on each leg of your service.
    I do have a factory ems in line, not sure how good it is but there is one. I haven’t checked voltage yet on each leg but can.

However given that it tripped when I turned the generator off it must be something from when the ATS switched?

For what it’s worth, I’ve had 3 A/C’s running full speed ahead since this incident and it’s flawless so far.

Thanks for the tips!