User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Steps Up Again

We have a GD 2017 Reflection 311BHS. Last weekend the electrical outlet in the outdoor kitchen broke off. I knew that the part would not be covered under warranty. I contacted my dealer and got a price for a new self contained or speed box plug also searched on Amazon but since the brand was not the same I thought I'd give GD customer service a call and see if the RV Designer brand would interchange with the existing Wirecon brand.

I would say much to my surprise, but after reading about GD customer service and making several calls when my 5th wheel was new, customer service looked up our Reflection and told me that they would mail me one at no charge. Even went so far as to apologize for the outlet breaking.

That's why Grand Design is one of the fastest growing RV companies in the country. Grand Design could/should have charged me and I would have been glad to pay, I could have gone to the dealer and bought a replacement, could have used Amazon, but I took the chance and called Grand Design. Glad I did.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a great Customer Service Department. I sure hope they continue it...

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good time to build Goodwill. They can't build them fast enough right now so the money is flowing. Much like the last downturn it will happen again and these companies will go into survival mode and the freebies will cease. Enjoy it while it lasts.

That isn't a knock on Grand design and their help. They have done many right. Just how it is. The pig gets fat and doesn't care about every scrap until things change and then the pig gets real skinny and tries not to starve. Enjoy it while it lasts because in about another year things will start to change.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    It's a good time to build Goodwill. They can't build them fast enough right now so the money is flowing. Much like the last downturn it will happen again and these companies will go into survival mode and the freebies will cease. Enjoy it while it lasts.

That isn't a knock on Grand design and their help. They have done many right. Just how it is. The pig gets fat and doesn't care about every scrap until things change and then the pig gets real skinny and tries not to starve. Enjoy it while it lasts because in about another year things will start to change.
    I honestly hope it does slow down a little. We are headed toward hyper inflation if the pace continues. We are also outgrowing our infrastructure in many places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 397TH and have had every outlet in the rig break and fall out of the wall. I'm looking at using old construction boxes and replacing the very brittle original boxes. Of course I'll need to use shallow boxes to fit. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you use to correct it?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD does step up in most instances as long as the issue is reasonable but on a side note, how did the outlet "break off". I will note that the outlet in my 311BHS outside kitchen only has one usable receptacle. One is closed/blocked, however you want to describe it. I was thinking of putting in a different outlet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They literally cracked and fell out of the wall. Here's a link where you can see photos of 3 of them.
    https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...3JTDTdP7qbwPGV