User Tag List

Thread: Reflection 150

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 150

Hi folks, quick question for you more experienced Reflection owners.
    We are purchasing a new Reflection 150 279BH. I don’t need the lighter rig, and really wanted the Reflection 28BH. But, there are no 28’s available in my area. The 279 has grown on us but I am concerned about where did they strip the weight out and is the build quality and construction as robust as the regular Reflection.
    Your thoughts and insight will be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Guy

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Cant answer your specific questions, but have you considered driving out of your area to buy one or just order one if you dont need it right away? Dont settle, you'll probably regret it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Cant answer your specific questions, but have you considered driving out of your area to buy one or just order one if you dont need it right away? Dont settle, you'll probably regret it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Hi and thanks for the greeting. Yes we have but it would be out of our area by about 1000 miles. Honestly I think the lighter weight is better as long as your not sacrificing longevity etc. My truck is a 2500 HD and more than enough for the heavier 5th wheel except for the 5.7 Hemi. It is IMHO under powered for the truck. We are considering full timing once we get a few things in order.
    Last edited by G&A-Unbound; 06-04-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can answer this. The 28bh is now what the 290bh was. The floor plan has been swapped. The current 278bh is what the old 28bh was. 2020 and newer 28bh models do not have the rear cargo hatch any more and now have a bigger bunkhouse. The weight is saved in the 278bh in 2 ways. They do not have a wardrobe slide on the front of the unit and I am told that they floor is slightly lighter although I have no confirmation on that. The 278bh is what I chose because we liked the original 28bh floor plan and now it is on the 278bh.

As far as your truck goes, you actually do want the lighter rig. It isn’t lighter by as much as you think but the rear cargo area is able to pick up a bit of the tongue weight off of your truck. The 5.7 Ram 2500 is a dog with the 6 speed and you are going to be over your payload with either one of these trailers. I’m guessing your payload is around 2000 pounds. The hitch and the trailer will put you over the limit before you even get into the car. You really should look into a different tow vehicle.

Honestly the 278 is as robust as a regular reflection. It’s the extra slides and length that really make the 150 series “half ton” units.
    Last edited by ardvark16; 06-06-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    I can answer this. The 28bh is now what the 290bh was. The floor plan has been swapped. The current 278bh is what the old 28bh was. 2020 and newer 28bh models do not have the rear cargo hatch any more and now have a bigger bunkhouse. The weight is saved in the 278bh in 2 ways. They do not have a wardrobe slide on the front of the unit and I am told that they floor is slightly lighter although I have no confirmation on that. The 278bh is what I chose because we liked the original 28bh floor plan and now it is on the 278bh.

As far as your truck goes, you actually do want the lighter rig. It isn’t lighter by as much as you think but the rear cargo area is able to pick up a bit of the tongue weight off of your truck. The 5.7 Ram 2500 is a dog with the 6 speed and you are going to be over your payload with either one of these trailers. I’m guessing your payload is around 2000 pounds. The hitch and the trailer will put you over the limit before you even get into the car. You really should look into a different tow vehicle.

Honestly the 278 is as robust as a regular reflection. It’s the extra slides and length that really make the 150 series “half ton” units.
    Thank you for the reply.
    I appreciate the info on the 278. My Dodge has a pay load of 2750lbs. We presently haul a Cougar High Country that is 11000lbs with no issues. Our truck is the HD with 4:10 rear etc. Even on large inclines/hills we pull 9.5-10mpg. That said, my 5.7 is not stock and I have a programmer, so I’ve tweaked the shift points etc. A buddy has a comins turbo and he doesn’t get any better mileage than I do.
    Again, thank you for the trailer info. I have pretty much decided to pop on the 278bh.
    Last edited by G&A-Unbound; 06-06-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. 2750 you’re all good. You clearly have one built for towing. We have one at work but it’s only got like a 2050 payload. The 278 is a great unit. You won’t regret the floor plan that’s for sure.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    Yeah. 2750 you’re all good. You clearly have one built for towing. We have one at work but it’s only got like a 2050 payload. The 278 is a great unit. You won’t regret the floor plan that’s for sure.
    Thanks again for the info. We are excited to pick it up this next Thursday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	34731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0577.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	34732
    Sorry for the upside down payload sticker...lol