Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hitch Height

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Height

What is the correct hitch height using a B&W companion hitch, 349m and 21 F-450? There are 3 hole sets that allow you to position the plate low, mid or high. Curious what others are doing to get the proper top of bed to underside of RV clearance.

Also, is there a height issue with either of these positions that will push you above 13'-6" overall height?

I searched but couldn't find info on this combination so apologize if this was discuss already and I couldn't locate it.

Thanks
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called the Grand Design Corporate office and they told me the hitch height for my Imagine. That way I knew where to adjust my ball height before I picked it up.

John

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just following up in the event others have similar question. I used the mid height holes and went forward 3" of axle.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited