User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22 RBE Recliners No power & difficult to close.

We’ve made 5 trips in a new unit. I figured I would ask here before grabbing tools. Power is out on one recliner. Is the unit bolted to the floor & what’s the likely culprit? (I may just leave them w/o power as the controls are frequently activated accidentally) That being said, I still need to have the fix.
    Any suggestions on how to make the recliners close easier so we don’t have to slam them shut?
    Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the plug behind it. You can remove the back from its bayonet mount, just like any other recliner, for easier access. If you have really long arms you can reach it with the back in place. One of ours came loose. The plugs are big transformers plugged into horizontal outlets, so the can easily bounce loose. If ours repeats it, I’ll wedge a block underneath it for support.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave. I’ll give it a whirl.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please let me know what you find. I’m curious. A quick peek behind the chair back with a flashlight will tell you a lot.

There are a couple of other possible connections under the chair and in the armrest. There are posts on these theater recliner electrical issues and components on the web somewhere, at eTrailer IIRC.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst case is probably needing a new power supply. Good chance your chairs are not anchored.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More details on removing back of theater seat

Quote Originally Posted by dkayak View Post
    Check the plug behind it. You can remove the back from its bayonet mount, just like any other recliner, for easier access. If you have really long arms you can reach it with the back in place. One of ours came loose. The plugs are big transformers plugged into horizontal outlets, so the can easily bounce loose. If ours repeats it, I’ll wedge a block underneath it for support.
    Not sure if I am doing this right. I have the same problem as Hammerfast described. It is the little transformer that is unplugged. I have reached down and can't reach the transformer, I felt around the inside back flap of the seat but I am not sure how the bayonet works or how to identify it by feel. If you have any hints for how to get the back off, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill W

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill, I wish I could tell you how mine got plugged back in. Unfortunately, while I was doing the outside hookups, my two nephews who are taller & more agile than me, got it done. I think they we able to reach it. I know they did not remove the backs.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfast View Post
    Bill, I wish I could tell you how mine got plugged back in. Unfortunately, while I was doing the outside hookups, my two nephews who are taller & more agile than me, got it done. I think they we able to reach it. I know they did not remove the backs.
    Thanks Hammerfast

Bill W

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got a power strip/surge protector when one side came unplugged and just plugged both into that. For the buttons, we got button guards off of Etsy (specifically made for the Thomas Payne or the other brand...Stacy-something). The power strip is under the bathroom-side recliner and we just recline it to turn it on and off.
    Stacie S.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 RAM 2500 Limited, Crew Cab, 6.4L Hemi.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Ironically mine just came unplugged again on the last outing. The power strip seems to be the ticket. Thanks for the share re; the button guards. Didn’t know there was such a thing. Now I won’t have to fabricate something ugly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast