2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not what mine shows. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sink.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	34768

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sinks are labeled totally different. I just want what I paid for and was promised.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Cya pal. This isn’t your first post that is just complaining
    Have a great camping season if you can

I checked mine underneath, which you should do as well, and there is a sticker with the part number.
    Go look it up

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I just want what I paid for and was promised. A concept that is generally universally shared.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    I just want what I paid for and was promised. A concept that is generally universally shared.
    To put an end to this, I went out and checked a new 2970RL that literally came in this morning. No more than 3 hours old on our lot.

Same Chinese brand label. Here is what you need to do. Unthread the large lock nut underneath that holds the tailpipe in place. If you want to remove it all together, take the next threaded flange nut off also and pull out the whole drain assembly. If you look at the edge of the actual sink, you will see that it is indeed metallic. I do agree that it sounds very "plasticy" but it is metal. You can also see from underneath (even in your pictures) that the formed "bowl" for the drain assembly to sit in is metal.

Pictures attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210607_131229.jpg   20210607_131047.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Then you expect way too much from the RV Industry...features are changing constantly.

They even put a disclaimer at the bottom of almost all pages on their websites and printed brochures.

"© 2021 Grand Design RV
    All Rights Reserved

All information, content and specifications on this website can be subject to change without notice. Please consult with your dealer for current product information and specifications. Website images may display optional equipment and photographic props."

Grand Design is not tying units up waiting on small minor parts. In case no one noticed, there is still a part's shortage going on.

Now, if it were an air conditioner, stove or recliner, then they will hold it until the parts come in.
    I truly don't believe this is an unrealistic expectation. I understand that the vendor/supplier may change which would affect the appearance but changing the material to what most would consider "inferior" is unacceptable. In the end hopefully this gets worked out.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda late to this party but...if memory serves me, there are 4 or 5 grades of stainless. 304 stainless is one of the best (I think). Knowing Lippert & GD I wouldn't believe they would spec one of the higher grades of stainless.
    Probably a grade above plastic.
    I know the kitchen sink in my trailer is stainless-just not good stainless...like on the fridge.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    We have a plastic kitchen sink. The Grand Design website clearly states a stainless steel kitchen sink is standard. Brand new 2021, customer service is trying to claim it's stainless, and we did a magnet test. It's plastic. Very disappointed in Grand Design's response.

A magnent will not stick to the better grades of stainless such as 304. It will stick to cheaper grades.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From huntr70's pics it kinda looks like stainless steel with some kind of coating. Probably because the steel is very thin and the mat will make it sound more substantial.

Edit: Just went out and peeked at the underside of the kitchen sink in our 261BH. Looks exactly like that pic. Some kind of mat over the bottom of the sink, you can feel the edge of it where the drain attaches. Probably for weight more than anything else. And the sink itself is definitely steel.
    Last edited by rootusrootus; 06-07-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    To put an end to this, I went out and checked a new 2970RL that literally came in this morning. No more than 3 hours old on our lot.

Same Chinese brand label. Here is what you need to do. Unthread the large lock nut underneath that holds the tailpipe in place. If you want to remove it all together, take the next threaded flange nut off also and pull out the whole drain assembly. If you look at the edge of the actual sink, you will see that it is indeed metallic. I do agree that it sounds very "plasticy" but it is metal. You can also see from underneath (even in your pictures) that the formed "bowl" for the drain assembly to sit in is metal.

Pictures attached.
    Thank you for the effort but it does not "put an end to this" How is the sink you took apart labeled ?? Just because it "looks" metallic does not mean it is.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast