User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dogs-RV View Post
    Our 2021 Reflection 295RL also came with a Fake stainless steel sink. I never paid any attention to this until I read your post.
    I will be calling Grand design.
    Go back and read ALL of the comments in this post and you'll probably find that you actually DO have a stainless sink with a coating on the underside.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 Reflection 295RL also came with a Fake stainless steel sink. I never paid any attention to this until I read your post.
    Good luck
    Let us know how you make out

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What folks forget is WEIGHT . Over the years the RV industry has learned how to save weight. My old 2001 Thor Wanderer 30' bunkhouse weighed dry 10,500 lbs, Wood/stick, aluminum lap skin construction. Equivalent GD is right at 9000 lbs now. That is a huge fuel savings when towing.

Sink in old unit was solid SS double bowl and probably weights 75 lbs. Sink in my new unit is SS with the fiberglass/plastic backing - probably 25 lbs. Fine in my book except it has no center divider which my old one had. Not a deal killer - we found a plastic tub that fit in 1/2 of it.

New units are better insulated (Thor used fiberglass bats under the floor which mice loved) Whats important to me is headroom (old unit was half height in bedroom) and layout. I have the shortest full size 5th wheel made. Also we don't live in our trailer - its just a base for being outside. We have had the TV on once to watch the local weather in 3 years.

So please stop wining and just sell it - you wont be happy until you do. And if you think the luxury or brands are trouble free - they use many of the same components. Even Airstream has issues. Visit the other brand forums - you might be surprised and mellow your tone.

Just my 02 here, but been camping for a very very long time and started out in a tent, then pop up, then 17' Wilderness TT (loved that trailer, then kids got bigger and needed thier own bed), then the 2001 Wanderer bunk house and now downsized (kids gone) to the Reflection. Has it been perfect - no, but still good.

And BTW - every trailer I have had, I have had to make repairs - nature of the beast - Its like owning a boat from what I have been told.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptuali-T View Post
    I guess because I like good quality stuff. Most of the appliances in my RV are low quality Furrion stuff, and I don't like to use low quality stuff. For example, you replaced your bathroom faucet with one that, from what I can see, has the same problem as the one I had in my RV: there was no space to put my hands underneath the faucet to wash them. The mouth of the faucet was too low and too close to the sink (not to mention that it was a plastic metal-like faucet). The new faucet I installed has a higher mouth (9" from the bottom of the sink), and the water falls directly on the sink drain. I replaced the cheap Furrion fireplace with a Dimplex Revillusion fireplace, which looks a lot more like a real fireplace, and has a remote control that actually works. I also replaced the cheap Furrion thermostat with an Echobee smart thermostat. Finally, I replaced the cheap Furrion microwave/convection oven with a Frigidaire one, but I wasn't lucky with that moves, since the new Frigidaire microwave/convection oven, which I paid over $800 doesn't work properly either (in the process of returning it and replacing it with an ordinary microwave oven, since I bought a Phillips convection air fryer, which works great).
    Well my new bathroom faucet is is much nicer than the OEM faucet. It's much higher, it's does put the water out to mid sink, it's single lever so I can easily shut it off with my elbow and not drip all of the place, and best of all it's constructed of brass NOT plastic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210614_113807.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	34933

My convection microwave works perfectly... better then our one at home. My fireplace is used mostly for heat and does that quite well, it actually is made to look more like a coal burner than a wood fireplace. If you had problems with the remote not working properly it was probably just the battery as they tend to work only certain functions when the battery is going bad. In two years my thermostat has worked just fine and I have no need for a smart thermostat. But my Dometic fridge that you seemed to like had to be replaced after just 6 months after several trips back to the dealership and not ever getting the issues resolved... it wouldn't keep fridge temps any lower than around 45° ... even when it was only in the low 60's outside! All in all I am extremely happy with my GD 337RLS Reflection, it's layout, it's inside storage, and just about every other aspect of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210614_104454.jpg   20210614_104438.jpg  
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 06-14-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how you make out..........
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    It has all the characteristics of plastic, no metal characteristics whatsoever. Unlike the stainless steel sink in the bathroom. Which sounds and responds like metal. The magnet sticks to it as well.
    It is likely stainless, I saw SS304 on the sticker. SS304 is a type of stainless steel used for kitchen sinks & appliances. There could be a paint type of coating on the bottom that covers the metal. GD seems to be a pretty stand up company, so I'm more inclined to think they did you right.

Happy camping,
    Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Sink mystery now on the back burner. Definitely not the sink or model number the customer service manager at GD assured me was installed in my coach. However, when researching "UPC made in china," I have found what appears to be the sink in my coach, and yes, they say it is "the highest grade stainless steel available." So whatever, it really seems like a cheapo sink to us. https://aquacubic.en.made-in-china.c...chen-Sink.html
    Just wondering why the sink sticker says "Made in Malaysia?"
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    It is likely stainless, I saw SS304 on the sticker. SS304 is a type of stainless steel used for kitchen sinks & appliances. There could be a paint type of coating on the bottom that covers the metal. GD seems to be a pretty stand up company, so I'm more inclined to think they did you right.

Happy camping,
    Dave
    Magnets will not stick to type 304 stainless steels. They're the highest nickel content and highest corrosion resistance.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Well my new bathroom faucet is is much nicer than the OEM faucet. It's much higher, it's does put the water out to mid sink, it's single lever so I can easily shut it off with my elbow and not drip all of the place, and best of all it's constructed of brass NOT plastic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210614_113807.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	34933

My convection microwave works perfectly... better then our one at home. My fireplace is used mostly for heat and does that quite well, it actually is made to look more like a coal burner than a wood fireplace. If you had problems with the remote not working properly it was probably just the battery as they tend to work only certain functions when the battery is going bad. In two years my thermostat has worked just fine and I have no need for a smart thermostat. But my Dometic fridge that you seemed to like had to be replaced after just 6 months after several trips back to the dealership and not ever getting the issues resolved... it wouldn't keep fridge temps any lower than around 45° ... even when it was only in the low 60's outside! All in all I am extremely happy with my GD 337RLS Reflection, it's layout, it's inside storage, and just about every other aspect of it

I have replaced my bathroom faucet with the same one you did Sparky and I have to say it is perfect for the camper. $55.00 and 10 minutes and we are very happy. This is the second time I've used this exact faucet as I replaced the faucet in my previous Flagstaff 25BH too.
    Scott and Jenny
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5 EB, Max Tow Pkg.
    ProPride Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so I am way late to the party and my head hurts after reading thru all 8 pages of pages, but wouldn't a simple conductivity test put this to rest. The plastic sink should not be conductive and the SS sink should be. This will answer the OP's question. Now, it will not answer the question of quality of SS used to make the sink...But again, your buying an RV not a half million dollar home. If you want a better sink than what came with the unit, go find one you like and install it.....and be on your way.

Personally, I think have the joy is making things my own and customizing/modifying things to better suit my needs/wants. Owning an RV should be a joyful experience. But you need to have "realistic" expectations entering into the adventure. The RV market is not about luxury and amenities, but about weight savings and what they call bang for the buck. So expect to have things in your RV that are not on par with what you would see in your home when it comes to build quality.....
    Last edited by Heavysledz; 06-15-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast