User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer !

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started this trip with a visit to my grand-niece's craft brewery in Creston, Iowa: Hot Air Brewing. They had some pretty good brews, and her husband make a killer Cubano. One of my
    favorites is Newcastle Brown Ale, but it has been replaced with a local: Dunkel, by KC Bier. Ales are my favorites, but do like lagers too. I'll drink and IPA, but no if an ale or lager is available.

Andy, my grand-niece's husband and brewer, says when someone asks if he has something like a Bud Light, he says sure, and hands them a glass of water. LOL
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Andy, my grand-niece's husband and brewer, says when someone asks if he has something like a Bud Light, he says sure, and hands them a glass of water. LOL
    This is why Lite/Light beer is often referred to as "Like making love in a canoe, because it is F'ing close to water"

I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Monty Python had some pretty deep observations. LOL
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in Littleton, NH and visited Schilling Beer Company. Very nice beers in a wide variety, not just IPA's. Love the Erastus which is a Abbey-Style Tripel, 9%.

I'd you are in the area it is worth a stop. Very good restaurant next door.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live dangerously close to Tamarack Brewing Company (and restaurant) I'm an IPA guy and their hat trick ipa is the bomb!
    On Sun and Wed is $9 growler fill ups.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    I live dangerously close to Tamarack Brewing Company (and restaurant) I'm an IPA guy and their hat trick ipa is the bomb!
    On Sun and Wed is $9 growler fill ups.
    I'm blessed that I don't have one close by. It would be to hard on my wallet, liver and weight. Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmrodWI View Post
    How can Beer be a hobby?
    Easy: visit Micro/Craft Breweries, sample their brews, collect a coaster or sticker, and mount them somewhere. I do not possess the greatest taste buds, but I enjoy malty/hoppy brews and I don’t think I am a “Beer Snob”, but I would drink water before a Lite/Light or a Mega Brewery beer like Bud. Thus, visiting the many small breweries popping up all over the place has become a hobby to me. I have been to 96 Breweries in Wisconsin and 120 others in other parts of the United States. I have no more than two pints or a flight of 4 to 6 4oz. brews per visit.

I can let you know where I've been or let me know where have been. It's kinda a fun hobby! [don't know why the one pic is sideways]
    Attachment 34769 Attachment 34770
    A different spin on beer as a hobby. 10 gallons of a Samuel Adam's Rebel IPA in the primary fermenter. Homebrew since 2005.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201220_144942.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	39766
    2020 Grand Design 2670MK
    2020 Ford f250 6.2, 4x4.
    ProPride hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a shameless plug for a local brewpub where my grandson has his smoker, and serves out some killer BBQ. Hit Callsign brewery in Kansas City if you get a chance, they just recently moved to a new spot and have at least a dozen beers and all the ones I've tried have been dynamite. They have a 10% that will sneak up and slap you silly.

I've included no links, so I hope this is construed as spam.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Well, a shameless plug for a local brewpub where my grandson has his smoker, and serves out some killer BBQ. Hit Callsign brewery in Kansas City if you get a chance, they just recently moved to a new spot and have at least a dozen beers and all the ones I've tried have been dynamite. They have a 10% that will sneak up and slap you silly.

I've included no links, so I hope this is construed as spam.
    Howard,
    Planning on spending two nights there on the way to Sioux Falls. If we get the KOA we want, 12 minute drive. BBQ is on the agenda. Partial to Porters and Red Ales - not an IPA fan though.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure which KOA that would be, the only two I know about are at Oak Grove, and Lawrence, neither are 12 minutes from KC, but they aren't horribly far.

If you want BBQ, you have a wealth of choices in Kansas City, some good, some merely okay, and some great. I'll PM you with a few choices, since I don't want to run afoul of the forum policies by putting links in posts.

Howard
    Howard and Peggy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast