User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D2Reid mentioned staying close to Bend, OR. We camped at Bend for a few days last month. They promote the "Bend Ale Trail" with 23 stops. You get a prize if you complete the Trail. Unfortunately, we couldn't hit them all but enjoyed a few. So many beers, too little time.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastn View Post
    "Bend Ale Trail"
    Was that the bicycle bar thing we saw, where 10-12 people sit an a device with bicycle pedals below them, one person steering. They pedal around to different breweries and get "special" drinks... I thought that would be fun but I can't drink that much beer anymore...
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a really fun thread.
    Keep the stories coming.
    Bob A. (former beer drinker, I enjoyed beer too much LOL)
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about the bicycle thing. What I saw was you got a "passport" at the brew pub with a list of stops and then you got it stamped when you purchased a beer at each one. Ironically, I went to my local bar and grill last night for the first time after returning from our 2 month spring RV trip and mentioned to the bartender that we had discovered the Ale Trail while in Bend. He said he and some buddies completed it years ago when it had only 12 stops. Their prize was a plastic beer glass with the Ale Trail emblem.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Brewing Beer is one of my Hobbies, Drinking it is Another

Quote Originally Posted by OmrodWI View Post
    How can Beer be a hobby?
    Easy: visit Micro/Craft Breweries, sample their brews, collect a coaster or sticker, and mount them somewhere. I do not possess the greatest taste buds, but I enjoy malty/hoppy brews and I don’t think I am a “Beer Snob”, but I would drink water before a Lite/Light or a Mega Brewery beer like Bud. Thus, visiting the many small breweries popping up all over the place has become a hobby to me. I have been to 96 Breweries in Wisconsin and 120 others in other parts of the United States. I have no more than two pints or a flight of 4 to 6 4oz. brews per visit.

I can let you know where I've been or let me know where have been. It's kinda a fun hobby! [don't know why the one pic is sideways]
    Attachment 34769 Attachment 34770
    I brew beer all year round. I currently have 2 lagers in the works, one in primary fermentation, a Pilsner Urquell, clone the other in secondary fermentation a Dos Equis clone. Tomorrow the one in secondary fermentation will get Kegged and then put in to Lager at 35 degrees for a month or so. I also have a brown ale that is in the "drink me" stage in another kegerator at 55 degrees. Though I say so myself it is a pretty good NewCastle Brown Ale clone.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a user name of "Deerislandbrew" one might suspect Beer could be involved. I have been a homebrewer for 22 years. The wife and I naturally like to visit brew pubs when out traveling. I collect coasters and stickers. I have many stickers on my 5 tap beer fridge at home and coasters on the walls. I travel with a 2.5 gallon beer cooler tapped with one of my homebrewed Beers often. Fun times for sure.

Hi⅘
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am into Beer, both drinking and brewing. I've been brewing beer almost since Jimmy Carter legalized home brewing in 1978. Back when I started it was difficult to find ingredients. Now you can find almost anything you need on line. I even grow four varieties of hops in the yard. I've got a dark porter on tab right now and a Cascade IPA ready to be kegged. When my wife and I travel to an area we always try to stop at the local breweries, wineries and restaurants.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hobby flight_LI.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	35419
    Went to a Craft Brewery in Lake Geneva, WI and this was on my "Flight Ticket"
    I thought it was appropriate for this forum.
    Omrod
    Wisconsin
    2022 Chev Silverado HD
    2021 Imagine 3250BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmrodWI View Post
    How can Beer be a hobby?
    And if you pay too much attention to this hobby, that's called alcoholism jk! I love beer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I homebrew and like good beer not made by me. Admittedly, I have cut way back as in the last couple years I got my back fixed and was able to work out, run and finally lose weight that had been creeping up since I broke my back and neck in 2003, but more as a "less calories" thing than anything else.

I have at home a full three vessel Electric HERMS system (modeled after www.theelectricbrewery.com but with some mods to re-use existing equipment), two SS Brewtech Concials, 7 and 14 gallon, and an overkill glycol chiller from BrewBilt. I was using a homemade setup that had a coil in my kegerator freezer, but it couldn't keep up with lagers in summer in Va Beach.

On tap at the moment:
    Pear Cider
    Furlough Russian Imperial Nitro Stout. It's barrel aged, was barreled just as we were about to get furloughed in 2020 until the union and Delta struck a deal at the last minute. I ended up being gone for the better part of a year on military leave anyways.
    Heidi's Ha'ole Hefewizen. A hefewizen that I make for the annual luau at my house.
    Hurricane Bohemian Pilsner. Basically pre-prohibition Budweiser without rice from a grain bill and hop standpoint, but with a unique fermentation temp profile caused by my garage flooding during a hurricane, but my data logger kept running, and it turned out great. Now I just duplicate it intentionally.

Things in bottles:
    Ich Bin Ein Berliner Weiss. Decent first crack at Berliner Weiss.. Could use a bit more carb, but didn't want bottle bombs. They are in cork and cage bottles.
    Abby-Normal Glutton Free Lambic. Wife loves Lambic. After a brain tumor, she developed a bunch of food allergies and couldn't have gluten any more among other things. Of course, her name lends itself to the beer name, and lots of jokes about things being "Abby-Normal"

Name:	AbbyNormal.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	36785
    If anyone's camping or in the Va Beach area, feel free to reach out and come over and try one. I love brewing, but since we no longer have Soccer and Kickball teams to feed, I just don't go through that much beer anymore.

Name:	HERMS.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	36786
    Last edited by CX500T; 09-21-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast