Thread: Beer !

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer !

How can Beer be a hobby?
    Easy: visit Micro/Craft Breweries, sample their brews, collect a coaster or sticker, and mount them somewhere. I do not possess the greatest taste buds, but I enjoy malty/hoppy brews and I don’t think I am a “Beer Snob”, but I would drink water before a Lite/Light or a Mega Brewery beer like Bud. Thus, visiting the many small breweries popping up all over the place has become a hobby to me. I have been to 96 Breweries in Wisconsin and 120 others in other parts of the United States. I have no more than two pints or a flight of 4 to 6 4oz. brews per visit.

I can let you know where I've been or let me know where have been. It's kinda a fun hobby! [don't know why the one pic is sideways]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frame 1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	34769 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frame 2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	34770
    Omrod
    Wisconsin
    2022 Chev Silverado HD
    2021 Imagine 3250BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pretty much have the same hobby. I started collecting their bottles or cans about 5 years ago and planned to show case them on our garage wall. Where ever we are at, if there's a microbrewery, then I pop in and usually leave with 1 bottle of each to be sampled back home or at the rig. Microbreweries in our area also tend to have great food. I'm now at 796 cans and bottles. [emoji2958] I love them. Not cheap but real good. I do keep a case of Coors light in the beer fridge for when the neighbor pops by. Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever we go to a new area we always look for craft breweries, wineries, and distilleries. One trip a few years ago camping with some friends, we went to every brewery, winery, and distillery between Superior, WI and Grand Marais, MN. Not all in the same day though. I love going to beer dabblers to sample all the new brews coming out.

I don’t collect the coasters or stickers but maybe I should start, it would be a good excuse to go back to everywhere I’ve already been.
    @Ynot4me2,I do the same thing with the Coors. Most of my friends will just go to the beer fridge and grab something good though.

Life is to short for cheap beer.

Cheers!

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Life is to short for cheap beer.” Other than the Bible, those are good words to live by.
    Castle Danger, Bent Paddle, Hoops, Canal Park, and Thirsty Pagan (among others) are some of the establishments I have been to along that stretch. That was a while back and I there are least four more that didn’t exist when I was there.
    Zum wohl !
    Omrod

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmrodWI View Post
    How can Beer be a hobby?
    Easy: visit Micro/Craft Breweries, sample their brews, collect a coaster or sticker, and mount them somewhere. I do not possess the greatest taste buds, but I enjoy malty/hoppy brews and I don’t think I am a “Beer Snob”, but I would drink water before a Lite/Light or a Mega Brewery beer like Bud. Thus, visiting the many small breweries popping up all over the place has become a hobby to me. I have been to 96 Breweries in Wisconsin and 120 others in other parts of the United States. I have no more than two pints or a flight of 4 to 6 4oz. brews per visit.

I can let you know where I've been or let me know where have been. It's kinda a fun hobby! [don't know why the one pic is sideways]
    I like local beers when we travel. We don't do micro-breweries, I prefer to enjoy my beers at camp. When in an area I'll go to the store and get some 'local' beers for the area. I will save the caps and then glue a small magnet inside and display on our fridge door as shown below. Although this picture is from the fridge in our vintage Airstream. The fridge in the new trailer does not have a metal front. I'll have to figure out a new way to display them. Will most likely build a frame with a piece of light sheet metal inside to stick them to.

Name:	IMG_20210607_184231061.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	34800

The best way I have found for your uploaded pics to not rotate is to 'edit' them somehow before uploading. Even if it is adjusting the lighting or doing a very small 'crop'.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the fun things about extensive travel in an RV is experiencing new and exciting things, like beer. I live on the east coast of FL for many years, we thought Red Stripe was pretty exciting. When Jimmy Buffet came out with Landshark beer we drank a lot of that. Then we started traveling. But the beer thing didn't really hit home until we spent 3 months volunteering at the Welcome Center at Smith Rock State Park in Oregon, close to Bend, OR. There were breweries all over the place. That's were we learned about specific gravity and International Bitterness Units (IBU). And we got an education on brewing techniques.

Suddenly beer drinking has become a hobby and an art. So now we always explore the "local" beer. Our tastes ebb and flow depending on season and availability. Unfortunately when we relocate to a new region we have to start all over again exploring the local beers. I have a little plastic coffee container near the beer bottle opener next to the beer refrigerator. It holds bottle caps from all over. That's the closest thing I have to a collection. About every 6 months it gets emptied out and I start over.

Beer, you gotta love it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmrodWI View Post
    How can Beer be a hobby?

Name:	Frame 1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	34769 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frame 2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	34770
    Last month Costco had double walled stainless steel growlers for about $12. I keep them in the truck in case we find a good brewery. Be prepared! Cheers!
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest surprise has been the location for the best craft/micro-brewery selection. MA great beer selection is at Wagner's IGA grocery store in Minster, OH. It was quite the surprise in an independent grocer and a very small town. They also have a great selection of in house sausages and other meats.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is a great thread - craft beer makes one "hoppy !" Carol and I both enjoy craft beer along with most of our friends and family. We too try to makes stops at local craft breweries as we travel the country. With 9000 or so of them in the USA, one or more can easily be found most anywhere these days and they are brewing an excellent variety of beers.

What we really appreciate along with excellent IPAs , are the facilities themselves......many of them in new buildings or revitalized older areas of cities/towns. Often family and friends helped to make the tables and chairs, the bar, the lights, the signage, and much more. The stories of how it all started is always interesting and many of them the same.....two guys started brewing beer in their garage and look what they have now.

However, the best thing we appreciate about the industry and hobby is how craft brewers are so committed to helping each other out whether it be to share and learn and make better products; collaborative beers; helping friends in need; supporting the community; etc. This is really good stuff.......people taking care of people. Kinda like a good forum !

Now I'm getting thirsty !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the lake, it's a small village of 600 year round and maybe 3000 in the summer. The small 5 aisle grocery store re-did the beer section last summer and it now has a large section of craft beer from locally and other places. They must now have a 100 different kinds if not more. I'll ask them when I stop by tomorrow. DW doesn't like beer but she loves the microbrewery atmosphere. Like others have mentioned, there's something unique, special about them.
    Mmm beer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	915%2BzlDE8cL._AC_UY879_.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	34864

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast