User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get Rockford to work with TV

I have been trying to get the TV to play through the Rockford to no avail. I have it on TV the volume on main and indoor and outdoor speaker all the way up. I went in the back of the tv and made sure all the connections are good. The USB cord is cut in half for some reason but I don't think the sound travels through the USB cord. When the TV setting is on the Rockford the volume shows all the way up but there is an x there like it is on mute, however not sure how to unmute it as all the buttons don't do it. I downloaded the app and nothing will make it work on there. Any suggestions? 2021 Momentum 353g
    2021 Momentum 353g
    2020 Silverado 2500HD
    Pullrite 5th Wheel Hitch
    Husband and Father of 6

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev746 View Post
    I have been trying to get the TV to play through the Rockford to no avail. I have it on TV the volume on main and indoor and outdoor speaker all the way up. I went in the back of the tv and made sure all the connections are good. The USB cord is cut in half for some reason but I don't think the sound travels through the USB cord. When the TV setting is on the Rockford the volume shows all the way up but there is an x there like it is on mute, however not sure how to unmute it as all the buttons don't do it. I downloaded the app and nothing will make it work on there. Any suggestions? 2021 Momentum 353g
    What USB cord is cut in half? And do you have it in the right "zone" when you are adjusting it.

The Rockford is a little confusing (still trying to understand why on Earth I have an outside TV with no wired connection to play the sound through the two speakers right next to it).

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rockford PMX-1 used in the Grand Design has a specific firmware added that maps the Aux input to TV Input. This is a set of RCA inputs. There should be an optical to RCA device with a small power plug. This plugs in to the back of the TV optical (or digital output) and then runs to the PMX-1 RCA input.

There is a small red LED on the optical/digital to RCA converter box. Ours is held on by double stick tape to the cabinet behind the TV in our 2021 Solitude S-2930RL. The TV (TCL in our case) must be set up to output audio through the optical/digital output.
    2021 - Grand Design Solitude S-2930RL
    2020 - Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 6.7L CCLB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "x" shows that the zone is locked out. You can unlock it by pushing and holding the round knob then selecting and changing that zone. The USB cable comes from the USB port on the tv and goes to the digital to analog audio converter. Perhaps yours got pinched and cut while raising our lowering the televator. I believe it's the power supply to the converter
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows