Thread: Ford VIN Lookup

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford VIN Lookup

Hello,

I have this ford vin: 1FT8W3BT2HED98384

I'm trying to find out the towing capacity of this truck. Anyone know how to do that?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go. Just enter your vin number.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/v...8W3BT2HED98384

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2021 GD 344GK-R
    PullRite Super 5th 24K
    2006 & 2018 Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins Diesel
    Wife: Canadian

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugoutnut View Post
    Here you go. Just enter your vin number.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/v...8W3BT2HED98384

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	34777

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	34778

Will this be good enough for my 320MKS?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Your truck pulls up as a crew cab not a super cab and diesel, not gasoline! Your axle code of 3J is 3.55 limited slip, but that was not available for gas powered trucks, only diesel.
    This link will take you to the 2017 Ford Truck RV & Towing Trailer Guide https://www.fleet.ford.com/cmslibs/c...VTTowGuide.pdf
    Based on your VIN and the images you posted, I'd say you have a 2017 F350 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel.
    Last edited by BadDogPSD; 06-07-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    Interesting. Your truck pulls up as a crew cab not a super cab and diesel, not gasoline! Your axle code of 3J is 3.55 limited slip, but that was not available for gas powered trucks, only diesel.
    This link will take you to the 2017 Ford Truck RV & Towing Trailer Guide https://www.fleet.ford.com/cmslibs/c...VTTowGuide.pdf
    I went over all the numbers in another thread and I don't think this truck has enough carrying capacity at 3200#. My current 6.2 gasser has over 4100# somehow. But it can only pull 12400. So the new truck has the towing, but not capacity, this truck has the capacity but not the towing if I put a lot in my TT. I think I will have to think long and hard about this and what I want to do. I'm not sure what configuration will give me a better CC.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I went over all the numbers in another thread and I don't think this truck has enough carrying capacity at 3200#. My current 6.2 gasser has over 4100# somehow. But it can only pull 12400. So the new truck has the towing, but not capacity, this truck has the capacity but not the towing if I put a lot in my TT. I think I will have to think long and hard about this and what I want to do. I'm not sure what configuration will give me a better CC.
    Honestly, if you go with a 2wd XL or XLT packaged F350, crew cab, 8' box, in diesel, that will get you the payload and CCC you seem to be looking for. If I could do it over again, I really would have pushed the wife for the F450 DRW, with the options I have on my F350. 4x4, Lariat package, puck system, tow package, 360° camera system, Retrax bed cover... But, wishes are for _________!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I have this ford vin: 1FT8W3BT2HED98384

I'm trying to find out the towing capacity of this truck. Anyone know how to do that?
    Also keep in mind that Ford just had a recall on their newer trucks because the sticker was wrong for their weights and towing capacities. You might need to contact a Ford dealer and double check.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several months ago, Ford allowed the public to plug in a VIN#, and see the actual weights of that truck. It also had a load calculator on that page. For some reason, they shut down the public access to it. Sad, as it was nice when looking for a truck, you could actually see what the payload of it was, and what you could carry. RAM has a website that allows you to look up the VIN#, and see the actual payload, Chevy currently does not.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles