User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if Ford has an online tool that can provide the tow capability via specific build VIN, but any Ford dealer can look it up for you. You cannot go by the printed matrix because specific build options on the truck alter its ratings.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Just curious.....why are you concerned with TT (Travel Trailer) ratings when the 320MKS is a fifth Wheel camping trailer. There is a whole different set of loading differences between the two, in the amount of weight that a TT vs. a 5ver puts down as weight on the truck.
    I'm concerned with can my truck tow this and stay within the ratings. I've looked at the towing guide but I wanted to ask here. I'm not sure what the ratings are on this truck.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Our CCC is 3273 lbs. Between a full tank of diesel, DEF, tools, my wife, me, dogs, misc stuff, hitch, etc. I have about 2740 lbs. Left of CCC. My hitch weight of my 320MKS, with the washer and dryer, and fully loaded is 2700 lbs.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Moonshadow,

What is the max towing capacity for 5th wheels with this truck? Do you know?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Moonshadow,

What is the max towing capacity for 5th wheels with this truck? Do you know?
    16K lbs. But, your dealer will be able to tell you the exact towing capacity.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16K lbs. But, your dealer will be able to tell you the exact towing capacity.

https://www.rvsafety.com/images/pdf/FordTG2017.pdf

What am I looking at here, lol. It says something different.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a 5th Wheel Camping type trailer, you are going to run out of payload numbers long before you run out of towing capacity. I was trying to explain that in my previous post. With regard to towing a 5ver camper trailer.....the tow rating of the truck is pretty much a useless number.
    Last edited by xrated; 06-07-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the maximum specification that a 2017 F350 crewcab, with an 8' bed and 3.55 rear end truck can handle. Your dealer can tell you what your specific truck can handle.

As @xrated said, you will run out of cargo carrying capacity way before you run out of payload (towing) capability.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the maximum specification that a 2017 F350 crewcab, with an 8' bed and 3.55 rear end truck can handle. Your dealer can tell you what your specific truck can handle.

As @xrated said, you will run out of cargo carrying capacity way before you run out of payload (towing) capability.

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this towing number. I know that I'll run out of cargo before towing. If the pin weight is what you say, I should have room to spare. We will never be loading this thing up all the way, I don't want that much stuff anymore. lol. And we might have 900lbs of stuff total right now from our old camper that is going in the new one.

I just don't want to buy this truck and not know exactly what it can pull and if it can handle my 320. I guess my main concern is where that 12K number is coming from? Does that mean my 5th wheel can't be more than 12K pounds? I'm confused.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this towing number. I know that I'll run out of cargo before towing. If the pin weight is what you say, I should have room to spare. We will never be loading this thing up all the way, I don't want that much stuff anymore. lol. And we might have 900lbs of stuff total right now from our old camper that is going in the new one.

I just don't want to buy this truck and not know exactly what it can pull and if it can handle my 320. I guess my main concern is where that 12K number is coming from? Does that mean my 5th wheel can't be more than 12K pounds? I'm confused.
    That number likely is for the reduced GVWR version of the 11,500 GVWR truck.....but no, they don't clearly explain that in the brochure.....or even in the numbered footnotes at the bottom of that page. Like I said earlier in a previous post.....it will all depend on how you load the trailer, how heavy or light you load it, how many passengers/etc in the truck, and how must stuff you carry in the truck. And generally speaking, most folks just keep adding and adding stuff to both the truck and trailer until they are at a point where they are getting into the ragged edge of the truck and or trailer's capacity ratings.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    That number likely is for the reduced GVWR version of the 11,500 GVWR truck.....but no, they don't clearly explain that in the brochure.....or even in the numbered footnotes at the bottom of that page. Like I said earlier in a previous post.....it will all depend on how you load the trailer, how heavy or light you load it, how many passengers/etc in the truck, and how must stuff you carry in the truck. And generally speaking, most folks just keep adding and adding stuff to both the truck and trailer until they are at a point where they are getting into the ragged edge of the truck and or trailer's capacity ratings.
    So the number I can go on is 15,700 pounds like moonshaddow said for my 5th wheel (which we will be), and stay under the 3300 pounds weight on/in the truck, and I'll be fine?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast