User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    16K lbs. But, your dealer will be able to tell you the exact towing capacity.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    What's your tank size on that?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    So the number I can go on is 15,700 pounds like moonshaddow said for my 5th wheel (which we will be), and stay under the 3300 pounds weight on/in the truck, and I'll be fine?
    Yes. But as I stated, EVERYTHING that is put in the truck and/or on the truck, counts against the available payload number. Now, one more thing to wonder about. You are obviously buying/looking at a used truck and as such, the payload sticker on the door of the truck was valid as of the day that truck was built.....and came off of the assembly line. Since that day....what? if anything has been added to the truck? Spray in bedliner? running boards? different tires? toolbox in the bed? The point I'm making is that payload is a floating number...and especially if something has been added to the truck since the day it was made. So the answer is this. You already know the GVWR of the truck...11,500 lbs. Go to a CAT scale with a full tank of fuel and weigh the truck. Subtract that number from the GVWR number (11,500) and you will know what your available payload is currently. And example of this might be something like....11,500 lb minus 8350 truck weight = 3150 lb of available payload.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Yes. But as I stated, EVERYTHING that is put in the truck and/or on the truck, counts against the available payload number. Now, one more thing to wonder about. You are obviously buying/looking at a used truck and as such, the payload sticker on the door of the truck was valid as of the day that truck was built.....and came off of the assembly line. Since that day....what? if anything has been added to the truck? Spray in bedliner? running boards? different tires? toolbox in the bed? The point I'm making is that payload is a floating number...and especially if something has been added to the truck since the day it was made. So the answer is this. You already know the GVWR of the truck...11,500 lbs. Go to a CAT scale with a full tank of fuel and weigh the truck. Subtract that number from the GVWR number (11,500) and you will know what your available payload is currently. And example of this might be something like....11,500 lb minus 8350 truck weight = 3150 lb of available payload.
    https://www.anchorautogroup.com/used...9aadb8f18e.htm

Here's the truck. It looks like they haven't added anything to it. I will do as you say and get it checked. Does that seam like a good deal for that truck? Or should I look at something else?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.anchorautogroup.com/used...9aadb8f18e.htm

Here's the truck. It looks like they haven't added anything to it. I will do as you say and get it checked. Does that seam like a good deal for that truck? Or should I look at something else?
    In February, I bought a 2018 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, Lariat, 6.7L with 53k miles for $54k.

Truck also had spray in bed liner, air bags with on board compressor and a leveling kit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    In February, I bought a 2018 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, Lariat, 6.7L with 53k miles for $54k.

Truck also had spray in bed liner, air bags with on board compressor and a leveling kit.

The price of trucks has skyrocketed since then, big time.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price of trucks has skyrocketed since then, big time.
    I know, I was just trying to help give you a reference point since the 2 trucks are very similar.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have the 5th Wheel Prep package on it....I didn't see that in the listings....but I might have missed it, I skimmed it pretty fast. That will add at least another 150 lbs of weight to the truck if it wasn't installed at the factory and shows up on the payload sticker.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have the 5th Wheel Prep package on it....I didn't see that in the listings....but I might have missed it, I skimmed it pretty fast. That will add at least another 150 lbs of weight to the truck if it wasn't installed at the factory and shows up on the payload sticker.
    No, it's doesn't. so that's another knock I guess. What is the weight of the prep package and the rest of it? 400lbs? It looks worse and worse the more I look. I may have to pass on this truck.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's doesn't. so that's another knock I guess. What is the weight of the prep package and the rest of it? 400lbs? It looks worse and worse the more I look. I may have to pass on this truck.
    I'm guessing 150 lbs for the prep kit....maybe more,....like I said, it's a guess. I've been under my dually and looked at mine and it is some seriously thick and large steel plate/bolts, etc. My B&W Companion hitch weighs close to 175 lbs, but it is the 25K model and not the 20K model....so I'm just trying to throw things out there just so you are aware of everything involved and don't end up making a bad decision. One thing to think about, if you can go up to at least a 2020 model, some of them have a higher GVWR....maybe 12,300 for the Ford (I can't remember for sure)...and with a higher GVWR, there would be a higher payload number. If I'm not mistaken, some of them are 4000 lbs and maybe a bit over that number.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing 150 lbs for the prep kit....maybe more,....like I said, it's a guess. I've been under my dually and looked at mine and it is some seriously thick and large steel plate/bolts, etc. My B&W Companion hitch weighs close to 175 lbs, but it is the 25K model and not the 20K model....so I'm just trying to throw things out there just so you are aware of everything involved and don't end up making a bad decision. One thing to think about, if you can go up to at least a 2020 model, some of them have a higher GVWR....maybe 12,300 for the Ford (I can't remember for sure)...and with a higher GVWR, there would be a higher payload number. If I'm not mistaken, some of them are 4000 lbs and maybe a bit over that number.
    I sent the sales rep a text that I can't do it. The payload is just too small. My current 17 gasser has a payload of 4100# on the door. But, it can only tow 12500 for the 5th wheel I believe. Which is fine because we don't have enough stuff to go over that weight at this point. I owe 29K on my current truck and caresense offered me 49K to buy it, so that's the reason I'm looking.

I'd like to get a bigger, stronger truck while that deal is on the table but I think this one we've been discussing is just not it even though I wish it was.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast