Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I were driving down an interstate when we came up on a large RV, I do not recall the brand. Anyhow it was on fire rising up from a wheel well halfway up the side. We sped up to their truck and motioned back, and they thought we were saying hello and they happily waved. Then they put on the brakes and pulled to the shoulder. At this point the RV was being engulfed. A heavy duty state highway service truck pulled up, so we kept on our way. I am 100% certain that the RV burnt to the ground. Hopefully they were able to disconnect and save their truck. Another great reminder to me to touch the hubs often to detect heat buildup before a failure.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    My wife and I were driving down an interstate when we came up on a large RV, I do not recall the brand. Anyhow it was on fire rising up from a wheel well halfway up the side. We sped up to their truck and motioned back, and they thought we were saying hello and they happily waved. Then they put on the brakes and pulled to the shoulder. At this point the RV was being engulfed. A heavy duty state highway service truck pulled up, so we kept on our way. I am 100% certain that the RV burnt to the ground. Hopefully they were able to disconnect and save their truck. Another great reminder to me to touch the hubs often to detect heat buildup before a failure.
    That is what happens when one does not properly maintain their bearings... Things can get so hot that the fire in the wheel well can spread to the inside of the RV. And i the first shot of the RV being held together, that is what happens if you flip one. It will fall apart, regardless of brand. Because of improper wheel packing, I lost a hub and wonder how the wheel stayed on. Was lucky it did not catch fire. Ended up coming home with a different RV since Dexter was going to take fourteen weeks to get us a new axle. They would have to build it and ship it to us via long-haul freight... Expensive trip! Lesson learned, find a good mechanic or do the bearings yourself....stay away from Camping World!
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having owned a ultra lite unit long ago, I soon learned that ultra light means ultra cheap materials.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will remember this picture when I see that sweet used TT at a sweet to good to be true price with a salvage title.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12