User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave246 View Post
    lol, wouldn't that be nice. Gonna take a closer look in the morning. But I do think something else is going on. Both controller's seem to be saying I don't have enough power, while at the battery and the controllers own meter show 12.7 volts
    Maybe... Resting voltage is one thing, but in both cases those controllers are driving motors that need a fair amount of current. Load testing each cell is easy at a battery shop. Could also be as simple as a poor connection between them, even too small of cable size, or to the camper after swapping. Bad cells are not rare, especially in 6VDC batteries. If you don't have a battery shop close by, swap back in the 12VDC battery or power by the TV battery with jumper cables without the 6VDC connected. That way you can rule out an issue camper-side.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave246 View Post
    Just purchased used 2020 240RL. Everything works with SP. But as soon as I unhook the truck, the auto level button ceases to work. I can level it with the manual buttons. And next the Schwintek slide will not cooperate. If I plug it in to SP I can get everything working again. I plan on adding solar and already switched to 2 6 volt battery's. From what I've read there must be full battery power to run these systems. If your camping off grid and want to leave in the morning before the battery can be charged what are people doing. Or do I have a separate problem?
    Dave I have a 240RL. The auto level and slide should definitely work on battery power. In fact they a I re supposed to work with pretty low battery voltage. I ran my original battery way too low several times and assume I permanently damaged it. But I still never had trouble running the slide or jacks.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timkoenig View Post
    Dave I have a 240RL. The auto level and slide should definitely work on battery power. In fact they a I re supposed to work with pretty low battery voltage. I ran my original battery way too low several times and assume I permanently damaged it. But I still never had trouble running the slide or jacks.
    Yeah, you would think so. This problem maybe over my head. Both systems are run by separate controllers. So maybe something is going on before them. Next step is to load test the system I guess.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Tsquared23;374633]I just bought my trailer (used) last Fall. It took me a while to figure out exactly where under the "Auto Level" label the actual button is. On mine it is not directly under the middle of the label. Maybe you are just not hitting the right spot some of the time. That wouldn't explain your slide problem though.[/QUOTE
    Well, guess what? Turns out if I hit the left side of the label it works every time. Even though I can feel the switch depressing when I hit the middle, it only wants to work on the left side. Feel a lot better. My slide problem is now showing short instead of low power, so hopefully an easier fix

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Maybe... Resting voltage is one thing, but in both cases those controllers are driving motors that need a fair amount of current. Load testing each cell is easy at a battery shop. Could also be as simple as a poor connection between them, even too small of cable size, or to the camper after swapping. Bad cells are not rare, especially in 6VDC batteries. If you don't have a battery shop close by, swap back in the 12VDC battery or power by the TV battery with jumper cables without the 6VDC connected. That way you can rule out an issue camper-side.
    I had the same symptoms with the 12vdc before I put in the 6v. The jumper cables didn't change anything. I'm in a small town so finding a battery shop is a lengthy process. Pretty sure the batteries are good. I couldn't get the leveling system to fail today, once I found the sweet spot on the auto level switch.
    Schwintek slide different story. Went through all the connections, disconnected and reconnected the motors. On the 4th extend/retract test it stuck. With the short to motor fault. Gonna head back to the Schwintek threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12